You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Re: Will the next single be something we've heard already?

Miguelox26 wrote:

Este es el unico sitio donde se habla de las mezclas del disco! A las demos les faltaba algo y las canciones no tenian gancho....ahora las mezclas originales son una mierda!...se suben al barco slash y duff y sabeis que?,que sacan dos temas con esta formacion y ahora las mezclas tambien apestan!

What will the next single be?

Something we've heard in some form already (Atlas, Perhaps, ect) 89%
Something we haven't heard yet (The General, Soul Monster, ect). 11%
Total votes: 19
metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

I know I said wasn’t going to say anymore, but HOLY SHIT.

No, Caram didn’t mix those earlier tracks, that is NOT in dispute. No shit Axl kept changing things, THAT’S THE POINT.  How am I rewriting history? I am literally stating the events that took place. Axl had several mixes and not only CHOSE Caram’s, he dictated them. He had those mixes and said, “nope, not what I want. I know I have these mixes by Beavan and Andy Wallace, but I’m not satisfied, I don’t care what Dave thinks. Caram, this is how I want them to sound. I want them to totally melt Dave’s brain, so that one day he will get into an argument on a forum and claim that these mixes were not dictated by me, only you. Yeah, I know, I have the opportunity to mix these with anyone else, including those other guys, I’m choosing YOU. Now let’s totally fuck with Dave’s mind.”

He turned in an album mixed by those guys FFS and the label rejected it. The only reason why Axl picked the mixes by Caram is because of all the people that left the band and the producers left the band too.

his mixes are shit they sound like utter crap, you can hear clipping all over his versions of the songs.  Its mind boggling you think that is signs of a good producer.

Hell Hard School the new version the guitars sound like they are a midi file and Axl sounds like he is singing through a tin can and string.
On Abusrd he couldnt even get the vocal tempo to match the music tempo.

He is a hack.

Yet, Axl sticks with Caram because he likes having his music sound bad

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's hard to know.

We don't know the extent to which Caram's mix sound is determined by Axl's requests.

Davegnfnr2k seems to say we know it's not the influence of Axl because Axl seemingly approved the 2000 mixes which he prefers. I agree with that on face value - but I mean it's Axl, one day he will make Silkworms with snyth, the next it will be a guitar rocker. We know he's influenced by other bands and their sounds in any given period, who knows how his views on mixing and loudness war and all that stuff might evolve between 2000 and 2008.

We also don't know the limitations Caram works with regarding the source material and how it's been modified over time or maybe stuff like adding in another 1000 tracks forces headroom changes in the way other tracks are handled.

Not saying Caram is awesome or something, I just kinda think at the end of the day if Axl wanted it different it would be different.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Lol, Dave is so close … so close to seeing what I’m talking about.

My favorite mixes were the RTB and Andy Wallace sessions. He fired both of them. Go off, Dave.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's hard to know.

We don't know the extent to which Caram's mix sound is determined by Axl's requests.

Davegnfnr2k seems to say we know it's not the influence of Axl because Axl seemingly approved the 2000 mixes which he prefers. I agree with that on face value - but I mean it's Axl, one day he will make Silkworms with snyth, the next it will be a guitar rocker. We know he's influenced by other bands and their sounds in any given period, who knows how his views on mixing and loudness war and all that stuff might evolve between 2000 and 2008.

We also don't know the limitations Caram works with regarding the source material and how it's been modified over time or maybe stuff like adding in another 1000 tracks forces headroom changes in the way other tracks are handled.

Not saying Caram is awesome or something, I just kinda think at the end of the day if Axl wanted it different it would be different.

Right, because Axl wants to have all that clipping in the songs. And again Axl approved those early mixes because Axl turned in a finished album the label rejected because the managers were pushing for a reunion even way back then.

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

Lol, Dave is so close … so close to seeing what I’m talking about.

My favorite mixes were the RTB and Andy Wallace sessions. He fired both of them. Go off, Dave.

So you admit those mixes are better. lol

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Dude, I never said they weren’t! This isn’t a gotcha moment, Dave, it’s literally you not understanding what we’ve been telling you.

davegnfnr2k

davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dude, I never said they weren’t! This isn’t a gotcha moment, Dave, it’s literally you not understanding what we’ve been telling you.

Do you also admit that Axl submitted an album back around 1999ish that the label rejected?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

Do you also admit that Axl submitted an album back around 1999ish that the label rejected?

It's probably more in the lines of Jimmy Iovine being ticked off by it. Iovine then discouraged Axl. It's an odd thing to say, but yeah - Interscope had an opening to release the album, but they apparently slow-walked Axl into starting over again.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

They broke him in the early part of the decade. Beginning of CD he was surrounding himself with top talent, at the end it was Frank Ferrer, DJ Ashba and Caram Costanzo.

Kinda like how he stopped smiling in pictures after Stephanie Seymour dumped him in 92. First it was women then it was the music biz. 2006 is just a feeble attempt to keep on pushing until realizing nothing has changed and giving up. Since then he's just been collecting checks.

Board footer