You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Will the next single be something we've heard already?

Sky Dog wrote:

Good news is that football in the US is starting soon and I don’t have to worry about what outtake or b-side the new old newer older version of Gnr will release next! You know it will be another underwhelming effort.

What will the next single be?

Something we've heard in some form already (Atlas, Perhaps, ect) 89%
Something we haven't heard yet (The General, Soul Monster, ect). 11%
Total votes: 19
misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dude, I never said they weren’t! This isn’t a gotcha moment, Dave, it’s literally you not understanding what we’ve been telling you.

Do you also admit that Axl submitted an album back around 1999ish that the label rejected?

Lol, when did I deny it? It doesn’t change the fact Caram is Axl’s guy and mixed it how he wanted. He’s still employed with the band. Axl could literally hire anyone else right now. He isn’t. Even Tommy said (paraphrasing) “no offense to Caram, but the album was all Axl.”

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

There is no concrete proof the label ever rejected any version of CD.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

From what I gather, the label told him that the album didn't have any hits (late 90s-early 2000s) and Axl went and edited/redid (use whatever term you feel like) the songs.  Caram just happened to be the guy who was the last guy standing when the album was released.  It's all on Axl.  The vision on those songs are all what he wanted.  Blaming the guy mixing the tunes is a bit misguided.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

Axl hired Bob Ezrin to consult, not the label. He had no authority to reject anything.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:

Right, because Axl wants to have all that clipping in the songs. And again Axl approved those early mixes because Axl turned in a finished album the label rejected because the managers were pushing for a reunion even way back then.

I'm not saying Axl *wants* clipping intentionally, but maybe the clipping is a side effect of something else Axl wanted. We can't know. Maybe he wanted some frequency or some instrument to be louder when there was just straight up no more room, maybe there's no more room because he wanted multiple layers of something else. Maybe the mix has the entire characteristic it does because he was aping the sonic qualities of something else he liked. Maybe his own ears are damaged from years of touring and he can't even tell if it clips. Maybe someone at the label re-modified it and by that stage he'd got angry and checked out of the project - as I seem to recall it came out to zero acknowledgement from him until a year later.

I'm just saying if Caram was doing a shit job and the band didn't like it he would be gone, it's not like there's not enough money in the project to hire someone else to have a crack at it. But he remains. So someone of note likes what he does, or likes his attitude or something.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:
davegnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dude, I never said they weren’t! This isn’t a gotcha moment, Dave, it’s literally you not understanding what we’ve been telling you.

Do you also admit that Axl submitted an album back around 1999ish that the label rejected?

Lol, when did I deny it? It doesn’t change the fact Caram is Axl’s guy and mixed it how he wanted. He’s still employed with the band. Axl could literally hire anyone else right now. He isn’t. Even Tommy said (paraphrasing) “no offense to Caram, but the album was all Axl.”

So you admit then album turned in an album and it was rejected. Thus Axl was happy with those mixes of the songs in 1999 and it was what he wanted.  And you even admit those mixes are better.

also Axl liking what Caram did for his mixes still has nothing to do with if they are good or not. They still suck and he is a hack.

davegnfnr2k
 Rep: 1 

davegnfnr2k wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

From what I gather, the label told him that the album didn't have any hits (late 90s-early 2000s) and Axl went and edited/redid (use whatever term you feel like) the songs.  Caram just happened to be the guy who was the last guy standing when the album was released.  It's all on Axl.  The vision on those songs are all what he wanted.  Blaming the guy mixing the tunes is a bit misguided.

Yeah Caram was the last guy standing with the worst mixes. You take all the different versions of the songs and his are by far the worst.

And the vision of the songs were what they were in 1999/00 when he first turned in the album in.   Also all the members of the band started to quit and Axl wanted them on the album to make them feel part of the band.  But his vision of the songs were always what they were with the 99/00 version of the songs since that was the band he picked not the ones he had to settle for bc everyone started quitting. Hell Axl was tryign to get BH back up until a few days before hammerstein but had to settle for BBF.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

His vision of the album did not end in 2000. Jesus Dave, these are your thoughts. He was adding shit to the album right up until he turned it in.

You’re in denial that this was what Axl wanted to release, and you’re blaming it on Caram for your disappointment. He was still actively working on the album well after 2006. The label did not demand him continue working in it. They literally cut off his funding to get him to stop. CD, as it was released, was his vision. He could have released it in 02-03, HE said they weren’t done. Anyone who worked with him would have had issues with his direction and demands to make it so dense.

Axl was not hands off, he did not hand it off to Caram. This was his baby. I honestly don’t know how else to explain it to you.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

They literally cut off his funding to get him to stop. CD, as it was released, was his vision. He could have released it in 02-03, HE said they weren’t done.

He was cut off the UMG tit in 2004-05.

Not sure if it's in CD Whispers or a later interview (Whispers ends in 2008) but Tommy admitted the label kept making them go back to the drawing board but they kept tinkering with the same batch of songs.

Fans like me assume this accounts for the album rejections of 01 and 02.

Whatever happened...it was a collosal blunder. How about not rejecting and/or cutting him off then? The whole thing gets wrapped up quickly in that scenario.

Board footer