You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: RIP Olivia Newton John

James wrote:

I think one of the big reasons GNR were able to stay at a high level late 90s- 2010s is the fact Jungle became a sports arena/stadium anthem. Years ago I even heard Locomotive as they were going to a commercial break.

The other reason is Slash and Duff never went away. Slash on stage anywhere is a GNR commercial.

Then take into account AFD always makes it on the greatest albums/songs lists.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

RiP, although she was a bit before time, ot I wasn't interested in the things she was in...I'm not sure I've ever even seen grease

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It's terrible what we have become. The deaths of these old stars mark a kind of boundary saying that time is truly over now. One example I always like is when my father and his friends used to smuggle booze when they were flying by simply handing their bags to somebody over a small fence at the airport. Now that was freedom.

thank you Olivia for at least reminding me of better times as we slowly descend into hell.

This is the main reason that 99% of the entertainment I consume(movies, TV, radio, hell even books) is from the 20th century. It's a glimpse into the world that I loved. It briefly takes me back. Specific movies or TV shows really make me long for that world.

The world of today feels like a facsimile of what it should be....the fact we're now in a big tech dystopia that will only get worse doesn't help.

I didn't fully appreciate that world until it was gone.

he deaths of these old stars mark a kind of boundary saying that time is truly over now

As I say every now and then...

The world is wrapping up. We'll be lucky if we have 20 years left.

Board footer