You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Predictions for the next decade?

metallex78 wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Shitty merch, James? How can you say that when they just released the Appetite 35th Anniversary Collection?

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/appeti … nniversary

That AFD stuff doesn’t look too bad surprisingly. I’d actually wear some of that.

The UYI anniversary merch they had out last year, was fucking horrendous. Looked like it was thrown together with Microsoft Paint

The thing is, (and like always), they could always do the smallest effort, and still get good stuff out there for fans. For a proper UYI celebration, they could’ve reprinted the cool t-shirts from that era like Coma, Bad Apples etc and I would’ve lapped that shit up.

Instead we get fucking Fernandon’t and TB designing atrocious fugly merch

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Do you have an image of that logo still?

I don't have a huge pic of the logo but here it is on the banner....

mockup5.jpg

I'll ask Will if he has it.

Edit

It exists without the VR included.

ClaudeF wrote:

Shitty merch, James? How can you say that when they just released the Appetite 35th Anniversary Collection?

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/appeti … nniversary

Yeah it's shit. Lazy and uninspired...and also consider the AFD merch 87-89 was superior and for some reason they can't/won't use it now.

How about using this logo...not seen before or since on anything?

0507217663.jpg

My dad used to wear that shirt. I don't know why he zeroed in on that one specifically...it's definitely a unique design that stands out.

How about this one? I got tons of compliments on this one in 7th grade....

031320_5471.jpg

How about Lies?

Lhp9b4QH6ufvE5Dfcx1Q

That is still one of my all time favorite shirts...seeing it brings back memories freshman year of high school when teachers would make me go to the gym to take it off.

Here's a doozy....

hermosavtg_18821326600089.jpeg

When I first started wearing that, some kids would pull my hair to the side so they could see what is on the back. Too bad it wasn't something better than "But...".

When I googled the shirt, I noticed regular people creating fan made Used to Love Her shirts to sell.

As Metallex pointed out, that UYI merch a couple years ago was cringe. Not up to snuff for a major act. I looked at their merch section and most of it just has small logos and banners... doesn't even cover the whole shirt. Looks like bootleg shit.

That Hard school shirt is terrible.

GNR-HS-SS-TEE-blk-FRT_508x.png?v=1632505150

Look at this....

WhiteSS_F_508x.png?v=1631653122

Minimal effort for maximum profit.

They want 30 bucks for that crap.

UYI-033_F_508x.png?v=1631656720

I laughed at that one.

I laughed again at the price. 40 bucks.

UYI-041._F_508x.png?v=1631654012

Just awful.

The old UYI merch was also superior to what they offer now. The barbed wire skull alone shits all over the current stuff.

One more...

BLACK-SMILEY-GNR-MARKET-CROSS-JACKET-389000079-1_508x.png?v=1652314555

They want 200 bucks for that! lol

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Holy motherfucking of god.  Nothing says we don't give a shit than some of those "designs'.  They don't need to hire a new artists or whatever, they have Slash back.  You think he couldn't draw up some crap that is better than that junk.  I do wonder what the hell the market word means in that 200 dollar jacket.

The mass produced shit you can get at Target, Hot Topic etc is better than the GNR crap for a portion of the cost as well.  It's sad what they have turned into.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I actually ordered a sweatshirt last night because this thread was talking about merch. I am the problem.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I had this t-shirt back in the day

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304540616776

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Me too man. Me too.

I pretty much lived in that tshirt from 1993 until 1995 or 1996 until it fell apart from too many washes.

If they want my money, they should reprint stuff like that!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I must admit I've warmed to Hardschool...cranked the shit out of it in the car the other day....but never the less....I dunno why a person would buy a hardschool top that's plain like that.

I mean a top for 1 song would be weird enough...but I could see it for a classic like WTTJ or YCBM or NR or something...but HS? I mean I like it but that's strange to me.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:
Neemo wrote:

A different album on each side! That is clever!

Board footer