You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Maverick
 Rep: 2 

Re: AXL ROSE Negotiating For More Money Before Releasing 'Chinese Democrac

Maverick wrote:

Axl doesn't like smokers?  Since when?  Wasn't in in '06 when he was documented smoking himself?

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Maverick wrote:

Axl doesn't like smokers?  Since when?  Wasn't in in '06 when he was documented smoking himself?

he smokes an occasional cigar, but i think it was in the NY Times article where its been said that studio personnel were not allowed to smoke cigarettes....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
elmir wrote:
Maverick wrote:

he smokes an occasional cigar, but i think it was in the NY Times article where its been said that studio personnel were not allowed to smoke cigarettes....

nobody is allowed to smoke indoors anymore (unless its at their home)....at least up here in Canada

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I like what that guy from anti-music had to say on the matter. Universal is concerned about making their money back due to how pathetic sales in the music industry are right now. I say that they should provide a lossless version of it for download through a pre-order on the official GN'R website. Sell it for $10. Don't officially release the album on physical CD, Amazon mp3, iTunes, etc. until you've sold 2 million copies through the pre-order. People are allowed to pre-order as many copies as they wish. There are probably some die-hards out there who would pay $100+ if it meant helping the album get released as soon as possible. In fact, some might even spend as much as $1000 on it. 2 million copies x $10 = $20 million before the actual release of the album.

Even if demand is much smaller than it once was, you could still sell the pre-order for $5 and that's still $10 million before an official release. The pre-order idea is a great way to capitalize on the die-hards' desire to get the album without sending the album to the pressing plant where it will surely leak. The best way to prevent piracy causing a huge dent in the album's sales is to build in a guaranteed revenue from it. A pre-order like this is the best way to accomplish it.

Maverick
 Rep: 2 

Maverick wrote:
elmir wrote:
Maverick wrote:

I was actually referring to the 06 tour, I think it was when he bit the security guard's leg.  Something was written about him enjoying a cigarette at dinner or something.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

Well.... such a deep subject. All these players, all those contracts all those agreements... A fortune in legal fees all by itself....to sort out who wrote the melody lines, who gets mechanical rights...Then make sure it is all in compliance for the CD liner notes. You know he is going to end up on another court room tour no matter what just by releasing it. The mess has just started, nothing is bulletproof and this shit is going to be complicated, from a legal perspective complicated is not good. Plus Ax has not participated in the new music scene. The days of million dollar checks for record sales are long gone...The days of million dollar videos by egocentric artist has always been a problem...Miles from the finish line if they cannot even get to terms how will he negotiate the other contracts? Sigh, scary that Beta and or Dell will be negotiating this, gone are the days of Doug, West and Sly advising... Good luck to all those musicians waiting to get paid, hate to see anyones work caught up in this mess. He does not want to cave BUT no matter how desperate the label is they still get to write it off and Axl still owes them for whatever he has and will take unless he can change the terms right now. Unfucking believable? SOP, BIG FUCKING DEAL

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I like what that guy from anti-music had to say on the matter. Universal is concerned about making their money back due to how pathetic sales in the music industry are right now. I say that they should provide a lossless version of it for download through a pre-order on the official GN'R website. Sell it for $10. Don't officially release the album on physical CD, Amazon mp3, iTunes, etc. until you've sold 2 million copies through the pre-order. People are allowed to pre-order as many copies as they wish. There are probably some die-hards out there who would pay $100+ if it meant helping the album get released as soon as possible. In fact, some might even spend as much as $1000 on it. 2 million copies x $10 = $20 million before the actual release of the album.

Even if demand is much smaller than it once was, you could still sell the pre-order for $5 and that's still $10 million before an official release. The pre-order idea is a great way to capitalize on the die-hards' desire to get the album without sending the album to the pressing plant where it will surely leak. The best way to prevent piracy causing a huge dent in the album's sales is to build in a guaranteed revenue from it. A pre-order like this is the best way to accomplish it.

I'm a big fan of the 'ransom release'. But although it sounds simple I'd imagine its probably more complicated in practice. Other than the die hards would other people really do it though? And what if the magical number wasn't met?

Sky Dog wrote:

from mygnr.......Mysteron's latest mindfuck......."as of right now, Gnr is still with Universal, etc and the album should come out in 2008".......as of right now.:haha:

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
madagas wrote:

from mygnr.......Mysteron's latest mindfuck......."as of right now, Gnr is still with Universal, etc and the album should come out in 2008".......as of right now.:haha:

Always so crystal clear with his answers.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

As of right now, GNR is with the same company it has been for the past decade.

As of right now, the album that was finished last year should come out this year.

As of right now, Mysteron's certainly on top of things. 16

Board footer