You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

Kikkoman80 wrote:

Remember at the beginning of Reunion I was thinking SLASH / MYLES?
Then I realized why he didn't leave Myles ... with him he has fun and makes records ... in the Guns he makes heavy money.
In six years, two Guns singles ... one bad one ... can I say something?
Being a Guns fan is almost a job.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Kikkoman80 wrote:

I don't understand why they didn't make a LIVE ERA 2016-2019 cd ...  NITLT.
Also I don't understand why they don't make a DVD of one of the NITLT concerts.
I don't understand.
I don't understand.
I don't understand.
I don't understand.
I don't understand.

It’s just bizarre to think that one of the absolute GREATEST rock n roll bands that ever existed, only has two live video releases. Tokyo 1992, and Appetite for Democracy from 2014.

They totally could’ve released a live Bluray of the NITL tour, and shown the world why they’re having such a successful reunion run, but like with everything else with this band, they instead do NOTHING

MOST. FRUSTRATING. BAND. EVER.

Kikkoman80

Kikkoman80 wrote:

You're right, it's hard to understand them.
Luckily Slash doesn't let go of Myles.
But then ABSURD and HARD SKOOL ... old voice you do it with the dead ... like Freddie Mercury in MADE IN HEAVEN ...

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

At one stage there was talk of them doing a DVD of a 2016 show...there was a night they seemed to be filming it to a greater extent than the normal video walls etc.

However it didn't come to pass. The unsubstantiated rumour at the time going around was there had been some type of financial dispute between management or the band and the video company. May not be true of course but thats what people were saying back then - i forget why they thought they knew though.

It was the Troubadour show and maybe another show. The the guy who runs the production company started airing the dirty laundry online is how people know there was some falling out.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I say it all the time...they need real management to deal with all these companies and the label with no one in their way.

Azoffs brief tenure is the only reason we got the album. That's a scary thought. Had Fleetwood Mac or the Eagles cooked up something in that same timeframe,  Azoff chooses them instead and we're still waiting for Chinese Democracy.

On the other hand...

I've wondered if his obvious agenda to get the album out of the way to quickly open the door to the reunion actually delayed it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yes, I think it definitely did.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axl S wrote:

It was the Troubadour show and maybe another show. The the guy who runs the production company started airing the dirty laundry online is how people know there was some falling out.

yeah that's what i'm thinking of.

I remember I was surprised it seemed to be money related..when you consider how much is involved with the reunion...but then according to MSL's leaks there were financial issues around people being paid in the CD days too...so it seems to be an issue with these guys.

But yeah I forget the basis of the video guys claims but it was something like he was asked to film a stadium show and wanted more cameras to do it because the space was wider than the troubladour but was told his budget was less than he needed to do it properly or something like that. From memory there was talk of getting someone cheaper to do it or something. I forget the story but it was a typical GNR mess. lol.

At the time I thought they picked the wrong show cos although good it wasn't one of the totally magical nights of that era...but these days anything from that vintage would be awesome to have.

Kikkoman80

Kikkoman80 wrote:

It's all so hard about Guns.
I have two DVDs of Slash with Myles ... no problem getting them out ... and let's remember that during the Reunion Slash released two discs with Myles.

Sky Dog wrote:

Good….then let him go back to playing bad songs with bar musicians! Axl and his orchestra at least had talent. Outside of DJ Slashba, the rest of the guys were really good. They just weren’t managed to their potential.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am literally driving from Chicago to Atlanta….going through Indiana and am closing in to Lafayette where Axl and Izzy grew up. The farmland is absolutely massive, flat and stunning because there are literally thousands of wind turbines which I had no idea existed. It looks like some kind of sci-fi movie.

Board footer