You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

Sky Dog wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Ritz 91 Bluray confirmed. Transferred from film to 4K UHD, then released on this Bluray as 1080p with HiRes audio and Dolby Atmos 5.1

Also November Rain has had the synth orchestra replaced with a real orchestra, so it isn't a typo - it's a new 2022 version.

Those are the highlights content-wise. Also a nice hardcover book with photos + some other random replica merch.

Wow, okay. The orchestra's gonna be slightly jarring to hear. Also odd given that Axl poured loads of effort into the synth orchestra, and I always assumed it was a conscious artistic choice, given that he could've just… hired an orchestra. GN'R was the biggest band in the world at that point, it was clearly within their ability to do so.

Of course it’s odd and fucked up…par for the course! The live concerts should be a treat though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That price is crazy. Not worth t. For that price, the vault should've been cleared out of demos and alternate takes.

This doesn't really feel like a UYI set...it feels like a new Live Era using UYI as a promotional tool.

I'll give em credit for including video of the Ritz show but damn...this should've been so much more.

Yeah YCBM sounds great. Took me back to 1991.

Now we know what the next single is....

November Rain

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

If they had a few more discs out I think I'd be more excited about this. I'll see if the price drops, there is no way I can justify the super deluxe. I was more excited about the potential new songs on Spotify.

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:

No documentary either

They should have called jimmy page. He knows a thing or two about creating a legacy

James

James wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

No documentary either

They should have called jimmy page. He knows a thing or two about creating a legacy

Or...

Hetfield/Ulrich
Waters/Gilmour
Jagger/Richards
Fleetwood/Buckingham
Cornell/Thayil

This isn't going over well on the Hoffman forum(audiophiles).

I gotta admit though...this does look pretty good on the surface....

UMf8FBy39L63TmtvAFa8G7-1920-80.jpg.webp

Link31
 Rep: 1 

Link31 wrote:

Was so looking forward to this, but not one single demo or unreleased track. In today's age I can just download what I want, make my own CD covers and save $500. I'm Disappointed, but oh well. At least it's something.

Sky Dog wrote:

Fluff…the only thing of interest to me is the full Ritz 91 video and the November Rain new version. The footage from 91 should be ridiculously cool.

James

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Fluff…the only thing of interest to me is the full Ritz 91 video and the November Rain new version. The footage from 91 should be ridiculously cool.

If they were smart, they'd sell the Ritz video separately...maybe they will further down the line.

Kinda wacky to remove the original NR for an updated version. It should've been a bonus track.

I just noticed that no set includes everything. You have to double dip even if you're willing to splurge on the big enchilada.

Scabbie

Scabbie wrote:

Perhaps they could have included some of Axl's best rants to spice it up a bit!

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Would have appreciated the Paris PPV. I listened to the live (and clumsily censored) radio broadcast but have yet to see the gig!

Board footer