You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bluefish18
 Rep: 2 

Re: SCOM Troubadour 2016 Pro Shot

Bluefish18 wrote:

I just re watched a chunk of Houston 16, and I had forgotten how good it was.  I had seen them a couple weeks earlier in NJ, and it was amazing, but I think Houston was the best show they've had since the reunion.  Nothing since has really come close.
This Troubadour show, to me, was disappointing.  No one in the band seemed into it...

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

And to think about the excitement leading up to that pop-up surprise gig: The ticket sale, the reports of how competitive and difficult it was … My favorite was the one dude who snuck in!

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

Yes, Axl had broken his ankle two songs in. And I guess it wasn't like 1991 anymore, when he could run around and sing his ass off with a broken foot.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

Having said that, although there were some great shows in 2016 like Houston, Axl hasn't sounded good on Sweet Child O' Mine since... the '90s (or even the '80s)?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James wrote:

Yeah the music is good...Axl looks a bit tired....or something.

He'd been running around on a broken foot all night ffs. Give the man a break.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

When I say it sounds terrible, though Axl doesn’t sound that good. It’s mostly the mix. It’s like there’s not enough reverb, even Slash’s guitar tones sound bad. The whole mix sounds off, and because of that, the stuff that sounds bad, sounds really bad. Regardless of if Axl has a broken leg or not.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I find it really hard to watch the clips from the Troubadour show 'cos every time I see Axl running around or putting weight on his broken foot I'm wincing internally.

Agree that the mix sounds wonky, and it's not the best showcase of his voice (Houston '16 is still the gold standard on this tour, wish they'd release a proshot of that show). Still, it would be nice if they gave this show an official release, given its historical significance.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Houston 2016 was his peak. I was at Atlanta a couple shows prior to Houston, he was killer there as well. The Vegas shows were great but by Houston they were a well oiled machine.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I had forgot about the injury. Even if he went backstage and took a bunch of Oxy to kill the pain, it would still be uncomfortable as hell.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

It wasn't as bad as I expected.

Nothing ever beats the Ritz 88 for me though.

Board footer