You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: Rolling Stone: The Search for Guns N’ Roses’ Lost Masterpiece

ClaudeF wrote:

Chris Pitman should still be in the band. He contributed so much to the ChiDem sessions/era.

If anyone got truly cheated by the NITL era … beyond us fans who want an album and not just nostalgia … it is him.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

ClaudeF wrote:

Chris Pitman should still be in the band. He contributed so much to the ChiDem sessions/era.

If anyone got truly cheated by the NITL era … beyond us fans who want an album and not just nostalgia … it is him.

All he had to do was keep his mouth shut and not, y'know, insult the record-breaking tour he was about to take part in.

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:

I thought he was fired for accidentally leaking a gig announcement?

elevendayempire

ClaudeF wrote:

I thought he was fired for accidentally leaking a gig announcement?

https://loudwire.com/ex-guns-n-roses-ch … r-reunion/

Earlier this year, Pitman posted and quickly deleted a message slamming GN’R’s reunion. “This is a nostalgia tour, please don’t mention those who are there the last 20 fkg years,” Pitman wrote. “Oh god no! (a money grab) FU.”

elevendayempire

I can't remember the exact timeline but I'm pretty sure his "money grab" comments preceded his being kicked out. And he was definitely kicked out:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi … w-1003943/

They wanted to know how he felt about Reese possibly joining the group for their upcoming reunion tour with Slash and Duff McKagan, which was still top secret at that time. “They were like, ‘Chris [Pitman] got fired,” he says, “and Caram really thinks that Melissa could help out this thing.”

ClaudeF

ClaudeF wrote:

Thanks for finding that. This comment from Chris hit home:

“ I quit the Oldies band, they just wanna repeat that 30 year old music over and over,... boring.”

That is what many of us have been saying! big_smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I would like to see Axl become enthused about new music, but I can't support that comment from pitman....to me it helps if people in GNR you know...actually like GNR music...it seems like a lot of the problem with the early 2000s band was that they basically don't want to be the band they are.

elevendayempire

monkeychow wrote:

I would like to see Axl become enthused about new music, but I can't support that comment from pitman....to me it helps if people in GNR you know...actually like GNR music...it seems like a lot of the problem with the early 2000s band was that they basically don't want to be the band they are.

Well, they were likely drawn to the band by the curious and unique opportunity to essentially reinvent an iconic band from the ground up. The hook for them was that, if it succeeded, they might become as iconic as the original line-up, potentially displacing them in the same way that no-one remembers the early blues incarnation of Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green. Buckethead and Finck would become the new Slash; Pitman, as a core songwriter, the new Izzy.

But they were up against the headwinds of management and the record company suits, who didn't really want the new band to succeed; they wanted the familiar, safe money-spinner that was Axl and Slash together. And for that period from 2012, when the original band was inducted into the RNRHOF (and it became very apparent that the brand was indelibly associated with Slash, Duff and the original line-up) to 2014, when Duff rejoined the band, it becomes pretty clear that the writing's on the wall. Duff is making inroads with Axl, Bumblefoot and Ashba are wavering, the stars are aligning for Slash to return. Once that happens it's a guarantee that the band is going to do at least a few years of nostalgia touring, because "Axl and Slash" is enough of a draw to bring in the punters; they don't need to release new material for a few years at least.

So Pitman gets annoyed, runs his mouth, and he's out.

xbrownstonex
 Rep: 0 

xbrownstonex wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Pitman is a fucking moron, unlikeable person. Glad the self-righteous fuck is out.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Just for the visual cred Pitman was miles better than that anime character they have up there now.

Board footer