You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ChiDem Rex
 Rep: 0 

Re: Could a different track list make Chinese democracy a better album?

ChiDem Rex wrote:

1   Chinese Democracy
2   Shacklers Revenge
3   Hard Skool
4   Better
5   Oh My God
6   Silkworms
7   Perhaps
8   Riad N' The Bedouins
9   Devious Bastard
10 Madagascar
11 Mustache
12 Oklahoma

Sky Dog wrote:

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
IRS
Atlas Shrugged
Riad and the Bedouins
Catcher in the Rye
There Was A Time
Madagascar
Perhaps
Prostitute

Save the Bucket Brain stuff for disc 2…and Better

My singles would have been IRS and TWAT. My thought is that Axl should have stayed with songs closer to UYI.

Kikkoman80
 Rep: 2 

Kikkoman80 wrote:

I like the production of CHINESE.
Modern, powerful...each person has his own tastes.
For example WORLD ON FIRE has a production that I like very much ... as opposed to 4 that I almost feel sorry for.
I also like the productions of CONTRABAND and LIBERTAD.
Minus that of APOCALYPTIC LOVE.
I like the productions ... swollen.

J.Balls
 Rep: 0 

J.Balls wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Chinese Democracy
The Blues
IRS
Atlas Shrugged
Riad and the Bedouins
Catcher in the Rye
There Was A Time
Madagascar
Perhaps
Prostitute

Save the Bucket Brain stuff for disc 2…and Better

My singles would have been IRS and TWAT. My thought is that Axl should have stayed with songs closer to UYI.

What's the bucket/Brian stuff?

Sky Dog wrote:

Scraped Shacklers Sorry…look at the credits and there is some dude named Scaturro in there as well.

You could throw Better in there as well even though it is a Finck song. It has a different feel than the core CD songs you hear on the locker tapes.

The songs with vocals on those tapes is Chinese Democracy. The rest should have been the second album

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I think its Peter Scaturro who works for Sony Interactive these days.

In a way the Absurd/Hardschool model of seperate releases works well for the diverse styles.

Like then we don't have to worry if an 'Eye On You' type song goes with an 'Oh My God' song and if that should be before or after a 'State of Grace' or a 'Perhaps'.

I just wish all the songs with vocals would be finished and properly released.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Scraped Shacklers Sorry…look at the credits and there is some dude named Scaturro in there as well.

Bucket...Brain...Scaturro....the Giant Robot Production.

When we got the Village leaks, fans finally got a glimpse of the so called shadow lineups concept.

When listening to songs like Sorry, Dub Suplex, Prom Violence, Devious Bastard, and crap like Dummy, Realdoll, and Shackler, you're not listening to GNR....you're listening to songs, jams, and snippets brought to the table by Giant Robot.

You can probably place Zodiac 13 in this category as well. In fact...I'd wager my left nut on it.

Sky Dog wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I think its Peter Scaturro who works for Sony Interactive these days.

In a way the Absurd/Hardschool model of seperate releases works well for the diverse styles.

Like then we don't have to worry if an 'Eye On You' type song goes with an 'Oh My God' song and if that should be before or after a 'State of Grace' or a 'Perhaps'.

I just wish all the songs with vocals would be finished and properly released.

Most of the greatest albums ever are cohesive and have some form of unifying sound. The intent of Chinese was what you have with vocals on the locker tapes….Zutaut said they had a solid 12 at the time. Stinson said the same thing. They were obviously A list off the bat.

Record company intervened and threw the sessions in to more chaos and doubt. Nobody pulled the trigger and in the end, we get a mish mosh Frankenstein album.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Most of the greatest albums ever are cohesive and have some form of unifying sound.

Fuckin' A....

Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You Were Here
Animals
Rumours

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Bucket...Brain...Scaturro....the Giant Robot Production.

When we got the Village leaks, fans finally got a glimpse of the so called shadow lineups concept.

When listening to songs like Sorry, Dub Suplex, Prom Violence, Devious Bastard, and crap like Dummy, Realdoll, and Shackler, you're not listening to GNR....you're listening to songs, jams, and snippets brought to the table by Giant Robot.

You can probably place Zodiac 13 in this category as well. In fact...I'd wager my left nut on it.

Yeah even if the discs were not labeled you can tell that this disk is Bucket/Brain/Scaturro and this other disk is Stinson/Fink.

The only one that sounded like it could be hard to place main songwriter wise was Rebel, I remember Axl saying they tried to write songs in the "Old style" but that they didn't really work. Well Rebel has to be one of them, can see what they were going for but it sounds way to formulaic. RTB produced that one, there's a guy who must have some stories to tell

Board footer