You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

misterID wrote:

It’s better than what they’re doing now

misterID

misterID wrote:

Just looked that Nuno thing up and it’s funny he still doesn’t understand what a self own that was by insulting Richard that “even Slash would have an issue playing with Rihanna” and “nobody” Richard had played with her long before Nuno.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:
Dani_1455 wrote:

I think even they drop an album tomorrow (impossible) will not save this situation, they are paying the lack of promotion and new things, totally deserved at this point

There is ONE thing they can do with the time remaining and it would work:

Go in the studio with Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders (who are opening a lot of shows) and cut some really inspired cover song as a duet and rush it to rock radio and streaming services. No fucking around. Pick something that fits her voice and Axl’s, cut it quick, and get it out.

Possible choices: “Love Hurts” by Nazareth, “Chain of Fools” by Aretha Franklin, “Why Don’t We Do It on The Road” by The Beatles (give Slash space to add a kickass solo), or for a new “Knockin’ …” vibe do “People Get Ready” by Curtis Mayfield (think of the Jeff Beck/Rod Stewart version). They could probably reinvent a Fleetwood Mac song together as well.

Add something with instant name recognition and novelty value to the repertoire. Do it nightly on the tour.

Boom — GnR is newsworthy again.

Completely delusional!

Maybe....but he's 100% correct that it would generate much needed attention.

If the GNR camp had a sense of humor and there were more hardcore fans, I'd say now would be the perfect time to troll everyone while poking fun at crazy rumours and do a duet with Pink on Total Eclipse of the Heart....one of the big rumors of the early 2000s.

Edit

Just looked up the Nuno thing... they're both idiots. Two old men arguing like school girls.

A great example of one of the reasons I hate social media....it revealed that our celebrities are either complete imbeciles or simply no different than anyone else.

It sucked the magic out of celebrity.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Richard was nothing but a gentleman to the guy! He just said Slash would have no problem playing with Rihanna. Nuno only apologized because his fans called him out for being a dick

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Richard was nothing but a gentleman to the guy! He just said Slash would have no problem playing with Rihanna. Nuno only apologized because his fans called him out for being a dick

Gentleman or not...it's still a bad look... especially constantly repeating himself to their followers.

Nuno got in a couple good digs at him. Made me wonder if he posted on the forums years ago when there was a lot of anti-Fortus sentiment.

Sky Dog wrote:

James still has a hard on for Fortus! LOL

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Idle thought: why don't they ever play Don't Cry with the alternate lyrics live? It's not as if they haven't done it before:

And it's basically a free "new" deep cut since the band can literally play the exact same tune.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

elevendayempire wrote:

Idle thought: why don't they ever play Don't Cry with the alternate lyrics live? :

[youtube][/youtube]

It would be a way to troll those of us who want The General

"I know the thngs you wanted, there not what you have"

misterID

misterID wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Lmao

“IVE BEEN A GUITARIST FOR FIFTY FIVE YEARS AND NEVER HEARD OF YOU FORTUS!”

James

James wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Idle thought: why don't they ever play Don't Cry with the alternate lyrics live? It's not as if they haven't done it before:

And it's basically a free "new" deep cut since the band can literally play the exact same tune.

I hadn't thought of that.

Looking back on 2016-17, it's surprising they didn't do it at some point. That's when doing so much UYI was fresh and anticipated.

Sky Dog wrote:

I mellowed out on him once the reunion happened.

Having said that....

It's funny how everything said about him back then is just as relevant now. 15 years later and he still hasn't contributed anything remotely substantial.

I just looked through more of the tour dates. Jesus. The Groupon fire sale should've started a month ago.

Amazing they have the gall to charge insane prices for good seats when the whole goddamn building is empty.

Completely out of touch with reality.

Board footer