You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

James wrote:

Absurd is the first single because it was the hardest to swallow. You will stand there and play it and you will like it. See? We could have just done this in the 90s but nooo....

I absolutely believe this.

Its surprising OMG wasn't single #2 for the same reason...

Pretenders

Yeah that's a strange opener too.

At least everyone in the venue know a couple of their songs...

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Tickets are $25 for Pittsburgh this Friday, the alleged release date of Perhaps. I think their touring days are done without an actual album.

James

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Tickets are $25 for Pittsburgh this Friday, the alleged release date of Perhaps. I think their touring days are done without an actual album.

Wow...that's practically giving them away!

The fire sale should've happened at least a month ago. It was obvious nobody cared about this tour leg.

You're right...US touring is nearing its end without a major shakeup... whether it's farewell or AFD reunion farewell.

I don't even think an album can save them at this point. They've simply run the jukebox into the ground.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The fire sale should've happened at least a month ago. It was obvious nobody cared about this tour leg.

You're right...US touring is nearing its end without a major shakeup... whether it's farewell or AFD reunion farewell.

I don't even think an album can save them at this point. They've simply run the jukebox into the ground.

I literally couldn’t give away 2 Fenway pit tix to friends. Doesn’t help it’s Fenway on a Monday but still?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I’ve paid more to see GN’R cover bands. Pittsburgh isn’t Chicago, so less demand than the major markets, but my understanding is Hershey wasn’t anymore well attended. In 2016 when they kicked it off, non major markets were at 2/3 capacity. Not Taylor Swift or even Metallica, but respectable in this day and age. Now, I have a hunch PNC park won’t even be 50% full, and that’s with gorgeous weather on a Friday at $25.

They got the 40 and 50 somethings 6-7 years ago with the 90s nostalgia angle. If they can’t get Gen Xers to shell out $25 for a Friday night show in 70 degree weather, they really need to reassess their marketing.  This show has been on every major billboard around here for months.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

They got the 40 and 50 somethings 6-7 years ago with the 90s nostalgia angle. If they can’t get Gen Xers to shell out $25 for a Friday night show in 70 degree weather, they really need to reassess their marketing.  This show has been on every major billboard around here for months.

I think it's basically a "one off" tour as far as casuals go.  If you've seen them once in the last few year's, there's no real reason to go again.  I mean they aren't offering anything new.  And you can claim to have already seen the reunited version.  It's different if you're a hardcore/or mega fan.

They gotta count themselves lucky that the ticket sales have only started to plateau this time around.  They basically need something else to hook in casuals.  Because they obviously aren't buying tickets.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

What am I missing?!?

I don't see why he would be happy.

James

James wrote:

Just watched my first vid since Glastonbury....

Meh. Not great...not bad...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

What am I missing?!?

I don't see why he would be happy.

Looks like he has a girlfriend. A lot if vids on Instagram showing him in a mood I haven’t seen him in since 2006

Board footer