You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: 2023 Tour Dates

slashsfro wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Tomorrow night in Tennessee is maybe 60% sold. If that.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1B005E508923260D

They are nuts to be sticking to $395 for G.A. Cut the prices and fill the pit.

Perhaps the only good thing to say is that the ticket scalpers are not going to win this time. Verified Resale seats are listed for more than available seats located in rows closer to the stage.

It's the same deal w/the Hollywood, FL show.  Prices are lower at $350.  But barely anything got sold, and it's not 60% like TN.  Yikes.  It's pretty bad, two days out from the show.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/guns-n-ros … 50C6D7E39B

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

A friend who works in Atlanta says the band is not offering ANY photo passes for the media attending/reporting on this weekend’s show.

https://www.musicmidtown.com/lineup

We can guess who made that decision. sad

Yeah, it has been standard GN'R policy for a while, so media have to use pictures provided by the band. But it doesn't always apply to festivals (like Atlanta), because photo passes are offered by the organizers and not the bands.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Dani_1455 wrote:
James wrote:

Perhaps was just dropped from the set list.

Any other brands just drop their new single from the set without replacing it with another new song?

I think they totally forgot as in one of the past shows they did not play Civil War

That's worse than intentionally dropping it!

How the hell do you forget your newly released song? 18

This is one of those situations where I try imagining another major act forgetting their new single and it simply doesn't compute.

Maybe it's a bit similar to the Stones with the Voodoo Lounge singles and they get dropped fairly quickly (except You Got Me Rocking) because they don't go over well live.

If it's just a case of forgetting songs, how about forgetting some 87-93 songs and adding something else?  16

Blackstar

Blackstar wrote:

They forgot Knockin' On Heaven's Door at one of the shows in Europe (first time it wasn't played at a "normal" show since forever), Civil War at one of the recent NA shows and Brownstone at a couple. That happens when shuffling the setlist.

But yeah, forgetting the new single is a bit much.

James

James wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

They forgot Knockin' On Heaven's Door at one of the shows in Europe (first time it wasn't played at a "normal" show since forever), Civil War at one of the recent NA shows and Brownstone at a couple. That happens when shuffling the setlist.

That's mind blowing. Do they do this periodically to make us believe that thing about no set list and it's all spontaneous?

Even if Axl forgets...the rest of the band is right there.

This might be a minor peak behind the curtain.

Sky Dog wrote:

I just saw a cool commercial in Atlanta for the Sunday show…still not sure I am going …too old for festival crowds.

Blackstar

Blackstar wrote:
James wrote:
Blackstar wrote:

That's mind blowing. Do they do this periodically to make us believe that thing about no set list and it's all spontaneous?

Even if Axl forgets...the rest of the band is right there.

This might be a minor peak behind the curtain.

I don't know, maybe the rest of the band just don't care if a song that they've been playing every night is skipped for once. Unless it's their solo spot. Duff's spot is usually somewhere in the middle of the set and a few songs before Slash's solo spot and Sweet Child O' Mine. At one of the recent shows it seemed that Axl forgot Duff's song and went to the band introductions and Slash's solo earlier, and I guess then Duff reminded him.

I'd like to think (although it's probably wishful thinking) that Axl watched the Ritz '91 and realized how cool they used to be at that time and wanted to bring an ounce of that spontaneity back. I think they had forgotten to play You Could Be Mine at one of the 1991 pre-UYI release shows.

James

James wrote:

I think they had forgotten to play You Could Be Mine at one of the 1991 pre-UYI release shows.

I would've been pissed had they had pulled this stunt at my show. Everybody wanted to hear it. The crowd pop was insane. It's like it was already an iconic hit even though it had only been out for weeks.

God what a great time to be alive...the days of snorting quarters of chicken shit crank while waiting for YCBM to play on the radio. 9

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

That song really came as an explosion. The connection to “T2” was only part of it, but that certainly amplified the impact.

And the payoff of hearing the mystery lyric in the liner notes of “Appetite” in the chorus felt like winning some kind of prize.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I wouldn't make too much of them skipping the song once. Axl has been sick of late. Maybe they wanted to shorten the set without angering the general public (lets face it perhaps is more removable than sweet child etc). Could be any technical issue too like some problem with the keyboard patch or anything..unless they start doing it all the time I would put it down to a random mishap.

Board footer