You are not logged in. Please register or login.

th151
 Rep: 1 

Re: Josh School

th151 wrote:

Hello!

I've always loved Josh Freese's drums on the Village Sessions version of "Hard School," so I quickly threw this version together that combines Josh's drums with all of the other parts from version released in 2001.

Thanks!
- th151

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Thanks for this. I actually love Frank’s fill before the last chorus…not that Josh couldn’t have done that.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Good job man. Josh's drums are amazing on the locker leaks

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It amazes me they didn’t get Josh for the reunion. He has chemistry with both Axl and Slash. It makes too much sense lol

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

This guy played on so many albums and songs he should be a millionaire just from the session work, he had the skill of Brain yet had the feel too,outstanding drummer

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

It amazes me they didn’t get Josh for the reunion. He has chemistry with both Axl and Slash. It makes too much sense lol

Am I crazy? How would Josh have chemistry with Slash? Josh was a session player for Paul Westerberg and Stinson plus was drummer in The Replacements reunion. He literally had nothing to do with Axl or Slash

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

Am I crazy? How would Josh have chemistry with Slash? Josh was a session player for Paul Westerberg and Stinson plus was drummer in The Replacements reunion. He literally had nothing to do with Axl or Slash

WTF? Didn’t he play on Slash’s solo album and Slash praised him and he wrote with Axl? He was in GNR. He played with Slash, they all still seem to have a good relationship with each other. Nothing to do with either?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

th151 wrote:

Hello!

I've always loved Josh Freese's drums on the Village Sessions version of "Hard School," so I quickly threw this version together that combines Josh's drums with all of the other parts from version released in 2001.

Thanks!
- th151

Could you do a version minus Finck's guitar bits during the bridge? As much as I like 'em on the demo they kinda clash with what Slash is playing...

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Or! If you've got the multitracks I'd love to have a play about with them myself...

Board footer