You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Bucket kicks off tour

AtariLegend wrote:
bigbri wrote:

SA? South Africa? San Antonio? South America?

Europe?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

SA? South Africa? San Antonio? South America?

Elmir lives in South Africa.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

South Africa. Makes sense. Bucket doesn't tour outside of the States, unfortunatley for a lot of overseas fans. He just doesn't have the coin, I imagine. Who knows why actually?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Here's Ghost Host from the first night. Totally awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6lBF3cD--w

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

There's gonna be a kickass boot made of this. You can see tapers all over the audience. Bucket also has a pro shot crew with him this time around, which is leading some to speculate that's why he's using a white bucket: To avoid any KFC snafus if he wants to release an official DVD.

nugdafied wrote:

So BigB is playing a show right down the hill from me tommorrow nite. I got my tickets this afternoon for $11 a piece & am not quite knowing what to expect from a Buckethead solo show. Here's an article, with an "Axle" mention, in the local townie paper & a pic of Bucket's promo poster that is up all over town.

23l7pc.jpg

In Search of Buckethead: Dispelling myths (and creating some new ones)   

Written by Mike Bookey     
Wednesday, 19 March 2008 

A rare shot of the Buckethead species (kentuckyfriedus bucketenius) in its natural environment.There are really only a few things we know for sure about Buckethead. One: he wears a bucket on his head. Two: he doesn't do interviews and if he does he provides largely nonsensical answers by way of a demented hand puppet. Three: He can play the shit out of a guitar.

Buckethead is also the man behind the song 'Jordan' which is largely considered one of the most difficult tracks to play on "Guitar Hero." In addition to his new fame within the ever-expanding "Guitar Hero" stratosphere, Buckethead has long been respected by fans of metal as well as funk, and many styles in between. He's a true student of the axe and also wields a pretty mean pair of nun chucks - but more on that later. As previously mentioned, the towering, masked man doesn't do many interviews and even if we could arrange something with his camp, the idea of speaking to a hand puppet over the phone really doesn't appeal. What we can do is give you some unconfirmed, susceptive, allegedly true facts about one of the weirdest, mysterious, and downright shred-tastic guitarists in the realm of rock and roll.
Upbringing: According to his website: 'Buckethead was raised in a chicken coop by chickens. And possibly due to the unusual circumstances surrounding his upbringing, he is a very private person.'

Theme Park: Buckethead claims to operate his own theme park, at least on the Internet (www.bucketheadland.com) and many of his songs sound like rides at the park.

Weapons Training: Buckethead is surprisingly proficient with nun chucks and often whips them out during his shows. And neither he, nor Napoleon Dynamite, seem to think that this seemingly out-of-place display of martial arts is by any means dorky.

Movie Career: In addition to collaborating with everyone under the sun - from Les Claypool to Bootsy Collins - Buckethead has contributed to film soundtracks including Mortal Kombat. Is that where he honed his nun chucking skills? Possibly.

Dancing skills: He prefers a robot style of pop-and-lock break-dance movements. Is he actually a robot? Research into this query has come back inconclusive. But if you ask us, only a robot could play the sort of sixteenth-note tapping that B-head lays down.

Guns N' Roses: Buckethead played in the 21st century edition of Guns N' Roses before eventually leaving the band in 2004. Rumors say that he left after playing a solo so wicked that it unbraided Axle Rose's cornrows. Rose could not be reached for comment.

We gladly invite you to the Domino Room on Friday to join us in our ongoing search for the truth - or at least the truth about Buckethead.

Buckethead, That One Guy
9pm Friday, March 21. Domino Room, 51 NW Greenwood Ave, 388-1106. $20/advanced, $23/door. All ages.

http://www.tsweekly.com/index.php?optio … &Itemid=43

262xpc4.jpg

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow $11!! wtf? i wish bucket would come this way i'd go see himin a second for that kinda money yikes

have a great time! and please post a review if you feel up to it big_smile

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Bucket's shows are always cheap. It's the only concert I can attend anymore.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:

James, you should hit one of these shows at Great American Music Hall.

Saturday February 9, 2008 - Orpheum Theater - Flagstaff, AZ
Sunday February 10, 2008 - Sunshine Theater - Albuquerque, NM
Thursday February 14, 2008 - Great American Music Hall - San Francisco, CA - Kid Beyond to support
Friday February 15, 2008 - Great American Music Hall - San Francisco, CA - Kid Beyond to support
Thursday March 6, 2008 - Aggie Theatre - Ft. Collins, CO
Friday March 7, 2008 - Fox Theatre - Boulder, CO - That 1 Guy to support
Saturday March 8, 2008 - Fox Theatre - Boulder, CO - That 1 Guy to support
Sunday March 9, 2008 - Belly Up - Aspen, CO - That 1 Guy to support
Tuesday March 18, 2008 - Numos - Seattle, WA
Wednesday March 19, 2008 - Service Station - Spokane, WA
Thursday March 20, 2008 - Aladdin Theatre - Portland, OR
Friday March 21, 2008 - Domino Room - Bend, OR
Saturday March 22, 2008 - McDonald Theatre - Eugene, OR
Thursday and Friday June 5 & 6, 2008 - Wakarusa Music & Camping Festival - Laurance, KS

These are the shows announced so far. There will be others. Chicago and Minnesota have been confirmed by TKers but not announced.

FUCK!  I missed BH by two fucking days.  4

Board footer