You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events...

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Why are you posting something from 18 months ago?

It’s relevant?

misterID

misterID wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I'm not sure how anyone could think that things aren't calmer now that an actual adult, Joe Biden is in charge.  The more you read about the stuff during the Trump admin, the more you think the real adults in that admin held things together from Trump.

And McCarthy got voted out as speaker in the past few hours.  Sorry, GOP.  That's your MAGA monster that you created, now you have to deal with it.

An administration and the populace are two different things. I don’t get making excuses for any president or party. Joe is a shitty, lying, mashed potato brain, lifetime politician who couldn’t lead himself out of a paper bag. If his only saving Grace is “but Trump” maybe you guys are the actual problem and are just as bad, if not worse, than the MAGA crowd for not holding “your guy” to account.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

So Biden is guilty but Trump isn't?

I think objectively things are somewhat calmer.

Either way...what's going on in the house is a huge joke...5 MAGAs vote with all Dems to get what they want? Does that make any sense?

Who isn't part of the problem, then?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:

The dozen or so moderate senators who actually try to govern from the position most Americans find themselves in.  The rest allow themselves to be aligned and spoken for by the extremes. That’s why the House Democrats tried to pass an abortion bill that allowed abortion up to delivery and House Republicans tried to pass an abortion bill that banned it.

The average American supports abortion, but think 15 or so weeks is long enough. But neither party is even willing to put that forward as a law, let alone vote on it. So Democrats try to legislate infanticide knowing it’ll fail, to drum up the idiots on TV and Twitter who foam at the mouth at the mention of any idea that attempts to regulate abortion. And Republicans try to legislate absurd and unscientific heart beat bills knowing it’ll fail, to drum up the idiots on TV and Twitter who foam at the mouth at the mention of any idea that attempts to regulate abortion.

Neither side is allowed to break from the orthodoxy, and Gaetz just did what AOC threatened to do to Pelosi. The Republicans look like total dipshits, they can’t govern, and America looks even more fucking foolish due to the divisions that have been sewed by politicians and the media over the past decade.

You can’t keep claiming democracy is under attack and things are the worst they’ve ever been, and also claim to be a uniter. Biden is at least as unpopular if not more so than Trump. You’re free to “feel” however you want based on who occupies the White House, but any analysis of whether things are better or worse require some kind of objective metric, not an individual, esoteric and subjective emotional state that is directly correlated to if a specific political party is “in charge”.

Bad day for America.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

So Biden is guilty but Trump isn't?

I think objectively things are somewhat calmer.

Either way...what's going on in the house is a huge joke...5 MAGAs vote with all Dems to get what they want? Does that make any sense?

Mitch, don’t put words in my mouth, or do that slimy, disingenuous thing that all progressives like to do and try to twist my words into a straw man argument.

I made it clear you guys are doing what the MAGA crowd does by circling the wagons around your guy.

Donald Trump is not president. The Republicans are acting like morons, and as you pointed out, they did it by joining democrats in a total partisan bullshit act. These are children.

If you hold Biden, or any politician, accountable and to the same standard you hold Trump, then you’re not the problem

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

What words did i put in your mouth? You said  plenty…as far as i know you’ve never said so much about trump in all my years here…

Biden bad, Trump bad….me good?

How is that any better?

What choices do we have? It doesn’t appear that any real primaries are going to occur…

misterID

misterID wrote:

You’re lying again, mitch

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

About what? Oh do enlighten me…

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

You must’ve edited one of your comments…i can longer find what you recently said….something about a mashed potato brain or something?

misterID

misterID wrote:

“as far as i know you’ve never said so much about trump in all my years here…“

Board footer