You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events...

James wrote:

Anyone watching this crisis in Niger unfold? Crazy shit. Looks like everyone is in the process of taking sides.

They've asked Wagner (Russia) for assistance and other African countries are considering intervention.

They just cut ties with the US, France, and Nigeria.

An African coup the spark for a major(World) war?!? 18 10

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Didn't you hear? Coups are cool now.

I don't see what in Africa is worth going to war for...didn't we just get done pulling out of every world skirmish in a direct way? The only reason to do so would be to prove a point.

I'm more worried about the 2024 US elections. I'm still exhausted from all things 2020. I'm not ready to do this again with Trump involved. Why can't we move on from him?

James

James wrote:

I'm still exhausted from all things 2020. I'm not ready to do this again with Trump involved. Why can't we move on from him?

When the right gave the left an opening to move on from Trump world in 2021, they should've took it and ran with it.

Instead...the left kept him in the news cycle...which prevents the country from moving on.

In 2023 Trump is now in a better position to win than he was in 2015.

I predicted this very thing back then...If the left refused to stop talking about him, we'd be right back where we started.

Both sides are so obsessed with their culture wars that it creates a scenario for Trump to dance and strut right back into the White House.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

I'm still exhausted from all things 2020. I'm not ready to do this again with Trump involved. Why can't we move on from him?

When the right gave the left an opening to move on from Trump world in 2021, they should've took it and ran with it.

Instead...the left kept him in the news cycle...which prevents the country from moving on.

In 2023 Trump is now in a better position to win than he was in 2015.

I predicted this very thing back then...If the left refused to stop talking about him, we'd be right back where we started.

Both sides are so obsessed with their culture wars that it creates a scenario for Trump to dance and strut right back into the White House.

I still think Biden beats Trump again...but I wouldn't mind moving on from this whole era even if it meant Dems lose...

But it seems they've caught up in terms of electoral engineering.

To be fair, keeping Trump involved has cost the Republicans a ton of elections since 2016. Trump doesn't care about anything but himself. The Dems have flipped that into a positive.

Biden vs Trump in 2024 looks like an instant replay to me at this point...but I acknowledge we're in season 9 of a tv show that jumped the shark some time ago...but let's face it...when elections are more often won by 1% of the vote then culture wars are the perfect motivator to otherwise disengaged people.

James

James wrote:

It's going to be a repeat...but with the tables turned.

Biden is the incumbent... without a good record. He's also got his own scandals to deal with.

Trump will win by a few points.

If the left refuses to learn its lesson, we'll be dealing with Ivanka in 2028.

New prediction...

Ivanka will be his Secretary of State...or Jr. will be at Defense.

This will be Trump's final chapter...and this time instead of just hanging around the inner circle, they will be looking to move into it themselves and use it as a springboard.

.but I wouldn't mind moving on from this whole era...

They're going to regret not moving on from it the moment he walked out of the White House.

It's fucking crazy how they kept it going.

As you know...I use Reddit a lot to see both sides of the insanity.

I could check Conservative....they'd be talking about Desantis, something crazy the lunatic fringe is pushing, Biden or Kamala.

I could check Politics....Trump and...more Trump. The majority of articles would be Trump related...and if Biden was getting negative attention, they'd double down on Trump and censor the Biden stuff.

Now they devote a lot of time shitting on Desantis because of Disney...which just opens the door even wider for Trump.

It's madness.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

It's going to be a repeat...but with the tables turned.

Biden is the incumbent... without a good record. He's also got his own scandals to deal with.

Trump will win by a few points.

If the left refuses to learn its lesson, we'll be dealing with Ivanka in 2028.

New prediction...

Ivanka will be his Secretary of State...or Jr. will be at Defense.

This will be Trump's final chapter...and this time instead of just hanging around the inner circle, they will be looking to move into it themselves and use it as a springboard.

.but I wouldn't mind moving on from this whole era...

They're going to regret not moving on from it the moment he walked out of the White House.

It's fucking crazy how they kept it going.

As you know...I use Reddit a lot to see both sides of the insanity.

I could check Conservative....they'd be talking about Desantis, something crazy the lunatic fringe is pushing, Biden or Kamala.

I could check Politics....Trump and...more Trump. The majority of articles would be Trump related...and if Biden was getting negative attention, they'd double down on Trump and censor the Biden stuff.

Now they devote a lot of time shitting on Desantis because of Disney...which just opens the door even wider for Trump.

It's madness.

Im reluctant to use any social media samplings as indicative of much...twitter and now even reddit is full of mutants.

I'm also not exactly sure what you mean about 2021 and leaving Trump behind. That was never going to happen. People are running back to Trump because their knight in shining armor (Desantis) turned out to be feckless. Neither side has any one better to offer than Biden and Trump...and Trump isn't even a Republican, he's an opportunist.

The first election I was able to vote in was Gore vs Bush...it seems every election has just been awful since then. I have no real personal recollection of anything prior to that one other than being aware of who won and lost in the 90s and late 80s. Even my hardcore conservative grandparents had nice things to say about Dukakis.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I was just thinking about you, Mitch. Did you ever get that lawsuit straightened out of those employees trying to take your business away from you?

misterID

misterID wrote:

And personally I think media like John Stewart, Colbert, etc are just as poisonous to discourse as right wing radio. I can’t think of any independent voices. Probably why the surge in popularity of Rogan and even Maher is happening. Rw is really a bubble you can insulate yourself in, which is unhealthy and stupid. Left wing is majorly pervasive in all media and entertainment.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I was just thinking about you, Mitch. Did you ever get that lawsuit straightened out of those employees trying to take your business away from you?

Thank you for asking…there are two types of damages in a law suit..punitive vs compensatory…

I’ve won $338k in compensatory alone…punitive is still being letigated…could be $3 million before it’s all said and done…we’re about to enter year 9….not sure what this will all lead to….the $338k is being held in ESCROW believe it or not…they appealed and that’s been going on for some time…by going on i mean sitting in someone’s stack untouched and collecting dust….since September 2022.

This has been the slowest game of chess ever…but thank you for asking.

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Thank you for asking…there are two types of damages in a law suit..punitive vs compensatory…

I’ve won $338k in compensatory alone…punitive is still being letigated…could be $3 million before it’s all said and done…we’re about to enter year 9….not sure what this will all lead to….the $338k is being held in ESCROW believe it or not…they appealed and that’s been going on for some time…by going on i mean sitting in someone’s stack untouched and collecting dust….since September 2022.

This has been the slowest game of chess ever…but thank you for asking.

I’m glad it’s working out for you, bud. Lawsuits are the absolute worst. Just tedious and draining, emotionally, physically, spiritually. But you have to fight. I hope it all turns out okay.

Today I was literally going to ask in this thread if anyone had heard from you and how this case was working out. Weird stuff! 16

Board footer