You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: The NFL 2008 Offseason Thread

faldor wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Did the Giants ever pick up Jerome McDougle??

If so it was a wise move since Umenuyra (i bothed that didn't I?) went down. He was a lazy bastard here but is the type to do well somewhere else & come back to haunt us. He had a good preseason, only he also had 5 horrible seasons here as well.

Yep, the Giants signed McDougle Sunday. It is really a low risk-high reward type thing. He'll fit in well in the Giants Four Aces package. Some people said that losing Strahan and Umenyiora would cripple the Giants D, but it wont with Tuck and Kiwanuka as starters. Where it was really going to effect the Giants was in the special Four Aces package (where they lined up four quality DEs on the line and just let them wreak havoc), and depth. If one of Tuck or Kiwanuka goes down, then the Giants will be effected. But this is what made the McDougle signing so important. They can insert him in the passing downs and also spell Tuck or Kiwanuka, and if they get hurt.

On a side note, the Giants looked to draft McDougle back in 03, but the Eagles jumped in front of the Giants and got him. Funny how things work out.

Yeah I think the Giants will be fine even without Strahan and Umenyora, until they have an injury on the D-line.  Then their depth will be tested.  Not saying it's gonna happen, but chances are it will.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
faldor wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Did the Giants ever pick up Jerome McDougle??

If so it was a wise move since Umenuyra (i bothed that didn't I?) went down. He was a lazy bastard here but is the type to do well somewhere else & come back to haunt us. He had a good preseason, only he also had 5 horrible seasons here as well.

Yep, the Giants signed McDougle Sunday. It is really a low risk-high reward type thing. He'll fit in well in the Giants Four Aces package. Some people said that losing Strahan and Umenyiora would cripple the Giants D, but it wont with Tuck and Kiwanuka as starters. Where it was really going to effect the Giants was in the special Four Aces package (where they lined up four quality DEs on the line and just let them wreak havoc), and depth. If one of Tuck or Kiwanuka goes down, then the Giants will be effected. But this is what made the McDougle signing so important. They can insert him in the passing downs and also spell Tuck or Kiwanuka, and if they get hurt.

On a side note, the Giants looked to draft McDougle back in 03, but the Eagles jumped in front of the Giants and got him. Funny how things work out.

Yeah I think the Giants will be fine even without Strahan and Umenyora, until they have an injury on the D-line.  Then their depth will be tested.  Not saying it's gonna happen, but chances are it will.

Yeah, their depth could be an issue on the D-line. One more injury could hurt things.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

We going to get a new thread after tonight or just re-name this one? Part of me hopes it's a kill so I can switch to McCain and the RNP at some point. But I'm going to see a few series at the very least.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

I know what you mean. Hopefully watching half of a quarter will hold me over until Sunday.

Board footer