You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Feb. 9th-10th caucuses/primaries

bigbri wrote:

Next races are in Maryland, D.C. and Virginia.

Latest polls: Obama is ahead of Hillary Clinton in the Democratic party poll in Maryland, 39-26%. In Virginia, Obama led Clinton, 53 percent to 37 percent. D.C. will be Obama's,  no question, but I haven't found any poll numbers.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Hillary's campaign is officially toast. She is losing pretty big in Maine right now, and she had been leading there in the polls. Practically a blizzard happening yet there is record turnout. She just fired her campaign manager.

Obama is going to sweep the rest of the primaries. Super Tuesday was when Hillary needed to knock him out, but it didn't happen.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Wow, Hillary did can his ass. No matter how you want to spin it. Sure it's only Maine, but Obama has won four in a row, he's dominating in these contests, he's garnering a wider cross-section of voters than Hillary, Hillary's firing people, loaning herself money, making her workers go without money. This is all gonna start to add up. It looks like Hillary is panicking. Superdelegates are starting to turn toward Obama, and after he wins at least two more primaries Tuesday, it's gonna look like he is the front-runner. Perception is often reality. It's just clear to me what is happening. Like you said earlier James, Hillary is squeaking by in most states when she wins; Obama crushes her in his states.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

If he sweeps the primaries on Tuesday(virgina,maryland,district of Columbia), Hillary has been knocked to the canvas and the ref is at the 8 count.

Its not looking good right now for her.

I think your right. And I think Obama will clearly win DC & Hawaii, so it comes down to Virginia & Maryland.  Also, just my humble opinion, but for some reason I would think Obama would win Ohio, although I haven't seen polls. I dunno about Texas though but March 4th could be huge with Texas & Ohio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of … _primaries

As for this weekend, Hillary just needs to quit making excuses & realize America is diverse. Wash is young, Louisiana is black, but alot of states are that way. She can't keep saying "Oh well we lost that stat because...." and "Obama did well here because...' Otherwise in a few weeks, it'll be over because Obama won the black vote, or the wealthy vote, or the educated vote, or the young vote. Hillary, that's what makes up alot of America!!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

so why does everyone think the race is all but over?

2,025 delegates needed for Democratic nomination; 1,191 needed for Republican

i can see the republican one is almoest finished cuz McCain has like 3 times more delgates than everyone else but there is only a 50 delegate difference on the Democrat side and there is alot more delgates to go... hmm and Obama isnt even half way to the numbers he needs

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

They think it's over because the pendulum has swung Obama's way and his momentum looks to be greater than Hillary's could ever be in 08. I don't agree that Hillary is done, but her most electable time was in 06 or 07, not 08. She's been campaigning for so long that she isn't going to pull in new votes. Most everyone has decided on Hillary, but Obama has a murkier perception witht he masses, and therefore a greater chance to secure votes.

Hillary's best hopes lie in Obama fucking up. But he is almost perfect when it comes to public speaking. That's why things look bad for her.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, it's the momentum. At first Hillary was supposed to win (I thought it'd be Hillary v. Guiliani). Then Obama was giving a good race. Then it's 50/50, now Obama sweeps this past weekend. If he sweeps tomorrow (DC, MD, VA) it's close to being done. More & More people will join in & keep supporting him. It's a trend that Obama has been increasing votes. Hillary really hasn't increased at all, just has her same base of supporters.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Latest Poll shows Obama would lead McCain in General Election:

Obama Narrowly Leads McCain in AP Poll
By ALAN FRAM and TREVOR TOMPSON - 14 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) '” Democrat Barack Obama would narrowly defeat Republican John McCain if they were matched today in the presidential election, while McCain and Hillary Rodham Clinton are running about even, according to new general-election sentiment since the Super Tuesday contests.

Obama outpaces Clinton in a matchup against McCain among men, minorities and moderates in an Associated Press-Ipsos poll released Monday. And she does no better than Obama when pitted against McCain among two groups that have supported her in Democratic primaries so far: women and whites.

Recent primaries and Mitt Romney's departure from the Republican race have made McCain the heavy favorite to win the GOP presidential nomination. Clinton and Obama are locked in a Democratic battle that may take weeks or even months to resolve.

When she is paired against McCain in a general election matchup, she gets 46 percent to his 45 percent, a tie, according to the poll. Obama edges McCain, the Arizona senator, 48 percent to 42 percent in their pairing.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iP6a … gD8UOD7BO0

If Obama sweeps today it's on. I saw he might win Virginia by 20%?!

Board footer