You are not logged in. Please register or login.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Re: The Biggest Impact?

AtariLegend wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

:peace:I must be one of the rare to absolutely LOVE Oh my God.

You're not, I love it when that disco beat chorus kicks in....

I love it when the drums halt to a pause, then tut tut ( drum drum) onto the roll and OHHHH MYYY GOD, ican't deny this, ect ect...

This song gives me goosepimples and i find it very powerful, i prefer it to some others.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

PS : I like the lyrics too, speaks to me

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I actually loved "Oh My God" from the first listen, which was sitting in the theater during the credits of "End of Days." Naturally, I bought the soundtrack. Color me crazy, I've always liked industrial metal. I didn't find "Oh My God" to be quite as industrial sounding as people seemingly unfamiliar with the genre think it is. It was just ... a very interesting progression for GN'R at that time. Sort of unexpected, but I dug it. I love the layers upon layers of guitars and distortion and just ... madness. But it's controlled madness. It's arrangement is really interesting to me. Fuck the backpeddling "It was basically a demo" bullshit. It should have had a bigger impact. It should have been a proper single with a video and "Chinese Democracy" should have followed shortly thereafter. Killer lyrics, too.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Same for me, I hated OMG for a long time, I actually find it quite tolerable now. Certainly not up there with GNR's best but I can listen to it without cringing.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

For me it was the VMAs.  I was so excited to hear Axl and then...I heard Axl and saw the freak show.  I think the past few years of posting reflects the impact of that day.

The only positive impact to me was the Better (without as much synth) leak and giving TWAT another listen after I initially rejected it.  I haven't listened to TWAT in a month or so, but it still gets stuck in my head from time to time.  As hard as it is for me to say this, I think that song could hold up well vs NR and Estranged if had been was released on the UYI albums.  I'm not sure it will fly today though.

AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

giving TWAT another listen after I initially rejected it.  I haven't listened to TWAT in a month or so, but it still gets stuck in my head from time to time.  As hard as it is for me to say this, I think that song could hold up well vs NR and Estranged

He's been converted....!

Board footer