You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Rank the Post CD Songs

Neemo wrote:

So Absurd, Hard Skool, Monsters, Perhaps, The General

How are people ranking the new material released in the past couple years?

Give us your list 1-5

Based on the Robin Finck and Buckethead versions I rank them like this:

Perhaps (Robin Finck)
The General (Robin Finck)
Hard Skool (Buckethead/Robin Finck)
Absurd aka Silkworms (Buckethead)
Monsters (i put last since most think this is Slash and Duff)

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

1. Hard Skool
2. Monsters
3.Perhaps (even though this awfully sounds like it should have been on CD. "POST CD",  ahum tongue)
The General
4. Absurd.... Every time I hear it I expect Axl to sing What can I do with a bitch like you? 

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:
faldor wrote:

two Jehovah Witnesses were walking up to rign the doorbell. Figured the loud music and lyrical content might have scared them away, but no such luck.

Did they tell you they had a "friendly advice"? 16

Yamcha wrote:

1. Hard Skool
2. Monsters
3.Perhaps (even though this awfully sounds like it should have been on CD. "POST CD",  ahum tongue)
The General
4. Absurd.... Every time I hear it I expect Axl to sing What can I do with a bitch like you? 

The Robin Perhaps or the Slash Perhaps? Which one is on your list?

Yamcha

Yamcha wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:
Yamcha wrote:

1. Hard Skool
2. Monsters
The General

Does it matter???

This one that I had to look up on YouTube as I no longer have all the demos, etc due to breaking my computer a few months ago.

Yamcha wrote:
Yamcha wrote:

1. Hard Skool
2. Monsters
The General

Does it matter???

This one that I had to look up on YouTube as I no longer have all the demos, etc due to breaking my computer a few months ago.

[/embed]

I prefer the Robin version. It gives a glimpse of what Chinese Democracy 2 could've been. And it features a cool outro that the Slash version doesn't have.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Yamcha wrote:

Does it matter???

[/embed]

I prefer the Robin version. It gives a glimpse of what Chinese Democracy 2 could've been. And it features a cool outro that the Slash version doesn't have.

slightly off  topic about your user name

Isn't the lyric The Monsters in hell with me?

It funny thing is your name is now the 3rd variation of what people think that lyric is

The monsters in hell with me
The monsters cant kill me
The monsters cant get me

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Yamcha wrote:

Does it matter???

[/embed]

It funny thing is your name is now the 3rd variation of what people think that lyric is

The monsters cant get me

I chose monsterscantkillme because I saw it online under lyrics for The General. And it sounds pretty cool too.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

[/embed]

The monsters cant get me

I chose monsterscantkillme because I saw it online under lyrics for The General. And it sounds pretty cool too.

Listen to the song and then see if you think it sounds more like The Monsters in hell with me

That is really the only line left in the song that people disagree on
I always heard The monsters in hell with me but have recently seen these two new varations.

dave-gnfnr wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

The monsters cant get me

Listen to the song and then see if you think it sounds more like The Monsters in hell with me

That is really the only line left in the song that people disagree on
I always heard The monsters in hell with me but have recently seen these two new varations.

Okay I'll give it a fresh listen with headphones on and let ya know what I hear for that line.

Board footer