You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: Rank the Post CD Songs

dave-gnfnr wrote:
monsterscantkillme wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I chose monsterscantkillme because I saw it online under lyrics for The General. And it sounds pretty cool too.

Listen to the song and then see if you think it sounds more like The Monsters in hell with me

That is really the only line left in the song that people disagree on
I always heard The monsters in hell with me but have recently seen these two new varations.

Okay I'll give it a fresh listen with headphones on and let ya know what I hear for that line.

cool thanks
I hate having lyrics wrong lol

dave-gnfnr wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Listen to the song and then see if you think it sounds more like The Monsters in hell with me

That is really the only line left in the song that people disagree on
I always heard The monsters in hell with me but have recently seen these two new varations.

Okay I'll give it a fresh listen with headphones on and let ya know what I hear for that line.

cool thanks

Okay. I got. all the times in the beginning right off the bat is monsters can't kill me all in a row. But the next time this comes in the song it is monsters in hell with me and the other ones after that before Axl sings again is monsters can't kill me and this is the same for the final time these kick in the songs.

so, it is like this:

first time:

monsters can't kill me
monsters can't kill me
monsters can't kill me
etc

second time

monsters in hell with me
monsters can't kill me
monsters can't kill me
etc

and the third and final time

monsters in hell with me
monsters can't kill me
monsters can't kill me
monsters can't

and then the screaming Axl verse before the solo to end the song.

and those solos are puzzling me. I mean if it is Slash on both solos then this is the first time since Estranged that I've liked a Slash solo lol

is it possible it's a Slash/Robin combo solo for the end solo of the song?

because I like those solos lol and that means for the first time in years, I like Slash again lol

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

cool thanks

Okay. I got. all the times in the beginning right off the bat is monsters can't kill me all in a row. But the next time this comes in the song it is monsters in hell with me and the other ones after that before Axl sings again is monsters can't kill me and this is the same for the final time these kick in the songs.

so, it is like this:

first time:

monsters can't kill me
monsters can't kill me
monsters can't kill me
etc

second time

monsters in hell with me
monsters can't kill me
monsters can't kill me
etc

monsters in hell with me
monsters can't kill me
monsters can't kill me
monsters can't

and those solos are puzzling me. I mean if it is Slash on both solos then this is the first time since Estranged that I've liked a Slash solo lol

because I like those solos lol and that means for the first time in years, I like Slash again lol

Ok so you think he switches what he says?
Ill have to go into it like that

I also agree that if it is slash its his best work on these new songs
Its the first one of his that I liked
It would be funny if it turns out to not be slash after all the praise I have given him

dave-gnfnr wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

cool thanks

so, it is like this:

first time:

monsters can't kill me
monsters can't kill me
monsters can't kill me
etc

second time

monsters in hell with me
monsters can't kill me
monsters can't kill me
etc

monsters in hell with me
monsters can't kill me
monsters can't kill me
monsters can't

Yeah. Monsters can't kill me in a row the first time. and then it's Monsters in hell with me followed by some more monsters can't kill me in a row for the second time. and the third time is the same as the second except at the end of it he says monsters can't... and then the screaming verse kicks in and then the puzzling solo to end the song still puzzling me lol

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

so, it is like this:

first time:

monsters can't kill me
monsters can't kill me
monsters can't kill me
etc

second time

monsters in hell with me
monsters can't kill me
monsters can't kill me
etc

monsters in hell with me
monsters can't kill me
monsters can't kill me
monsters can't

Yeah. Monsters can't kill me in a row the first time. and then it's Monsters in hell with me followed by some more monsters can't kill me in a row for the second time. and the third time is the same as the second except at the end of it he says monsters can't... and then the screaming verse kicks in and then the puzzling solo to end the song still puzzling me lol

or is just our minds playing tricks on us based on what we heard first
like this

https://youtu.be/8EPLG0ihdcs?si=X2ecOWJ88cw7euDy

dave-gnfnr wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

like this

I don't know what that video is about, but I told you honestly what I heard with the monsters lyrics like you requested. I even put on my headphones so I didn't make a mistake with the lyrics.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

like this

I don't know what that video is about, but I told you honestly what I heard.

What do you mean you dont understand the video?

The video is showing that what we hear is influenced on what we see.
So axl could be saying the same thing in each line but we hear different things bc of what we see. And it can even switch when you keep hearing the same thing over and over again.

I am not saying who is right and who is wrong.  I was just pointing out why you can hear different things even if Axl is saying teh same thing over and over again lol

dave-gnfnr wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

like this

I don't know what that video is about, but I told you honestly what I heard.

What do you mean you dont understand the video?

The video is showing that what we hear is influenced on what we see.
So axl could be saying the same thing in each line but we hear different things bc of what we see. And it can even switch when you keep hearing the same thing over and over again.

I am not saying who is right and who is wrong.  I was just pointing out why you can hear different things even if Axl is saying teh same thing over and over again lol

Oh okay lol

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:

I have a psych degree so things like this always interest me lol

dave-gnfnr wrote:

I have a psych degree so things like this always interest me lol

Maybe you can psych me because I like the Monsters solos lol and that must mean I like Slash too lol

Board footer