You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: The STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Thread

Saikin wrote:

Left off musically.  I want them to pick up there and give us No 6.

It will be more successful than VR.  Album sales don't really mean shit anymore cuz downloading has increased tenfold since CB was released. 

In my opinion, STP can still realize their high point.  If they hadn't have broken up, the next album would have been their best.  I don't know if they can do that again though, it's been a few years and who knows if they can do it again.  In my opinion, SLDD was also their best and strongest album.

And no STP aren't in VH's class.  STP are underrated as far as the band, music and musicians in it. 

My biggest reservation is Scott.  AoA proved that Robert and Dean still have it in them, but Scott hasn't shown us anything spectacular with VR.  My theory with that is that the chemistry wasn't there.

Scott had a quote about talk show, that "it's 3/4 the way to greatness".  I think this applies here too.  If Eric, Dean, Robert and Scott get back together, i can only hope that chemistry gets back and Scott proves that he still has it.  I can only hope...

nugdafied wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Personally i think that Tiny Music is their defining album.

I strongly agree with that. Tiny Music remains in my cd collection even as it has shrunk from about 1300 to 100 discs. STP is one of those weird bands that my first impression of them was proven to be dead wrong. I, like everyone else I knew, figured with their silly name and Eddie Veddar-esque vocals, that they were a record companies creation to capitalize on grunge. But all they did was hang around, release great albums, and prove that wasn't the case at all.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't have a problem with Scott rejoining STP. He was the weakest link in VR besides Dave, both on the records and the live performances. Well, he was the worst live. On the other hand STP never meant too much to me. If they wanna get back together and play some shows or make some albums, then c'mon guys do it! Music shouldn't be about being forced to do something and it seemed that none of the VR members were really into that band. To tell the truth I support this STP thing since it rises the chances of a Slash solo album or a Weiland-less classic GN'R-sounding VR album, maybe with Izzy. Can't wait to Slash doing something great! 21

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, POISON, TESLA, BOSTON Confirmed For Wisconsin's ROCK FEST - Feb. 15, 2008 

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, POISON, TESLA and BOSTON are among the confirmed bands for the Rock Fest 2008, set to take place July 17-20 in Cadott, Wisconsin.

The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS
BOSTON
THE WALLFLOWERS
JACKYL
THREE DAYS GRACE
POISON
LIGION
TESLA
LIVE
SWITCHFOOT
PLAIN WHITE T'S
VIC FERRARI

More bands will be announced soon.

For more information, visit www.rock-fest.com.

from blabbermouth

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, POISON, TESLA, BOSTON Confirmed For Wisconsin's ROCK FEST - Feb. 15, 2008 

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, POISON, TESLA and BOSTON are among the confirmed bands for the Rock Fest 2008, set to take place July 17-20 in Cadott, Wisconsin.

The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS
BOSTON
THE WALLFLOWERS
JACKYL
THREE DAYS GRACE
POISON
LIGION
TESLA
LIVE
SWITCHFOOT
PLAIN WHITE T'S
VIC FERRARI

More bands will be announced soon.

For more information, visit www.rock-fest.com.

from blabbermouth

Wow, aside from STP that looks like a who's who of 'Where are they now' ?!  I'm surprised STP signed up for that one hmm

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

STP is gone from the rockfest website now hmm

weird....either they jumped the gun or STP's status is in limbo with scott in rehab sad

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

Didn't Live get produced at Duff's house. We use to call Tesla, Wesla interesting choice indeed...Nice when they come in and steal the entire tape machine...Hope Scott is doing well at Rehab....

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
Neemo wrote:

STP is gone from the rockfest website now hmm

weird....either they jumped the gun or STP's status is in limbo with scott in rehab sad

Actually STP were just rumored to be playing Rock Fest, it was never anything official.

I don't know if you remember, but fall of last year a guy posted online saying that Scott had called into a radio station and said STP might be playing Rock Fest in 2008.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

They were confirmed by the official site of Rock Fest. Thats more than a rumor.

Looks like the STP train derailed before it left the station. Worst case scenario is that it doesn't happen and best case scenario is their tour just gets delayed a bit.

Board footer