You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: The STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Thread

Saikin wrote:

Watch any VR boot, and then watch this STP footage- you will notice a complete 180 in the way Scott sounds, acts, moves, and talks.  He's finally back home! 9:mosh::mosh:

This tour is going to kick ass.  And with an album after the tour, STP are back for good! 

I knew Scott was dropping hints in all his interviews, and now he's confirmed it.  I knew he wanted STP back.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Got my V-Fest ticket... looking forward to seeing the reunion! whoo!!!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

a video from CNN with interview clips,song clips and a bit of background on where they've been since the split

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbi … ideosearch

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/158602 … lots.jhtml

Kind of funny, when you think about it, isn't it?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

interesting that VR wanted the spot as well but Scott left to go to STP so they can havea shot at it

I doubt the reunion happens anyway..everyone and their dog will wanna open for them if they do 16

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

SCOTT WEILAND Working On Second Solo Album - Apr. 24, 2008 

According to The Pulse of Radio, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS and former VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland told satellite shock jock Howard Stern on Wednesday morning (April 23) that he is currently working on his second solo album with producer Steve Albini for a November release. Weiland was joined on the call by NO DOUBT drummer Adrian Young, who is also playing on the record. A release date and title have yet to be revealed. Weiland's first solo effort, "12 Bar Blues", was issued in 1998.

Weiland, who was dismissed from VELVET REVOLVER on April 1, has reunited with STONE TEMPLE PILOTS for a lengthy spring and summer tour, beginning in mid-May at Columbus, Ohio's Rock on the Range festival.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS has tentative plans to enter the studio later this year once they're done with their mammoth summer reunion tour, but fans shouldn't expect to hear any new material in the upcoming trek's live set list. Bassist Robert DeLeo told The Pulse of Radio that the group plans to reacquaint itself and its fans with STP's previous five albums first. "I think new material will come probably after this tour, but I think getting back to the things that got us together, the songs and the material and the reasons we got together in the first place, I think, is a strong place to start, and just make this something that is enjoyable for everyone," he said. "Enjoyable for us, enjoyable for the fans, enjoyable for people that are coming to the show."

Fans are encouraged to submit song requests for the tour set list at the band's official web site.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS officially announced their reunion with a private performance for about 350 people earlier this month at the Houdini Mansion in Los Angeles. The event might be released as part of a DVD.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS will perform on the May 1 edition of ABC-TV's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=95595

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

here is the Jimmy Kimmel footage....scott fuckd up Vaseline he does the 2nd verse twice hi didnt sing the first verse and he missed his cue after Dean's Solo and Robert started singing for him hmm ...can someone else watch it and tell me if i'm dreaming or something.? i'm positive he fucked up though...must still be rusty or soemthing with these songs i suppose hmm

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Perform On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'; Video Available - May 2, 2008 

The reunited STONE TEMPLE PILOTS performed on last night's (May 1) edition of ABC-TV's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!". Watch footage of their appearance below.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS will tour for the first time since 2002 this spring and summer, beginning next month, with tentative plans to record a new album later this year. But since the group broke up under less than amicable circumstances six years ago, what's to stop that from happening again? Bassist Robert DeLeo told The Pulse of Radio he's not sure he has the answer. "I wish there was a recipe or an anecdote for that, but unfortunately, you know, there's four different people, and over the years, we've gone our separate ways," he said. "I don't think my life reflects Scott's [Weiland, vocals] life. We're different. You know, we're all in our 40s now, and to have that opportunity for this to come back around, I feel really, really fortunate. I'm really, really humbled by it."

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS' last album was 2001's "Shangri-La-Dee-Da".

The band will begin their tour at the Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, Ohio on May 17, with the trek winding down on August 31 Seattle's Bumbershoot Festival. Fans are encouraged to submit requests for the tour set list at the official STONE TEMPLE PILOTS web site.

The group officially announced their reunion with a private performance for about 350 people last month at the Houdini Mansion in Los Angeles. The event might be released as part of a DVD.

"Vasoline":

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx … 8d4fe11a49

"Trippin On a Hole in a Paper Heart":

http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx … a4b00ff04e

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=96162

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Although they announced their reunion with a private seven-song show in Los Angeles last month, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS made their official return to the stage last night (Saturday, May 17) in front of tens of thousands when they headlined the first day of the Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, Ohio.

The group's setlist was as follows:

01. Big Empty
02. Wicked Garden
03. Big Bang Baby
04. Vasoline
05. Lady Picture Show
06. Lounge Fly
07. Crackerman
08. Sour Girl
09. Creep
10. Plush
11. Interstate Love Song
12. Coma
13. Down
14. All In The Suit That You Wear
15. Sex Type Thing
16. Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart
17. Dead and Bloated

Review

Stone Temple Pilots reunites with enthusiasm in Crew Stadium

Sunday,  May 18, 2008 1:38 PM
By Curtis Schieber
For The Columbus Dispatch

'That's a sound we haven't heard in a little while,' said Stone Temple Pilots lead singer Scott Weiland about the band's reception last night during the Rock On The Range concert in Crew Stadium. 'Let's hear it a little louder.'
Weiland wasn't just crowd-baiting. The gig was the first the reunited group has played in seven years.
For about 15 minutes after the scheduled start time last night, though, it seemed it might not come off, as the stage lights dimmed and the house music stopped but nothing more happened until the second try.
But Weiland, guitarist Dean DeLeo, his bassist brother Robert and drummer Eric Kretz made it worth the wait with an only-slightly-rusty set full of flash, style and a bunch of clever redesigns of the classic hard-rock model.
If Big Empty opened the set lazily with a blues cast, Weiland, who has battled substance abuse, looked and sounded terrific, singing like a hard-rock David Bowie in a big fedora, fine suit and giant striped tie.
In tunes such as Down, the fast, pounding grinder Vasoline and the pained Creep, Weiland established not only the range of his instrument but its considerable appeal.
The band displayed its chops and unique style in others such as Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart and Interstate Love Song, the arrangements suggesting everything from Led Zeppelin to Nirvana, DeLeo's guitar skillfully moving from angular to spacey without hesitation.
But it was all so glamorous, swaggering and L.A., not exactly what the festival's organizers promised in their mission to 'focus on the heartland '¦ for the true rock fans in the middle of America.'
That was left to many of the rest during the 11-hour first day. Where else but in Ohio - or maybe Michigan - might you hear a loud singalong to Bob Seger's shopworn Turn The Page? Staind interjected it in a set of driving hard rock that varied from rap-rock to growling metal.
Disturbed preceded its new single Inside the Fire by stating its support for a 'strong military,' noting that there's a 'lot of trouble in the world' in places other than Iraq and leading a chilling, fist-pumping chant of  'U.S.A.'
He sandwiched an expletive into the title of Ten Thousand Fists and garnered about that many from about two-thirds of the crowd.
The response was only a little more dramatic than that garnered by other bands during the day.
With the stadium filled to a little more than halfway to capacity despite the uncertain weather, Rock On The Range obviously touched a deep nerve with 'true rock fans,' finding a common thread that ran through more than a dozen bands yesterday and promising to do so again today.

http://dispatch.com/live/content/local_ … ml?sid=101

From Rolling Stone...

Stone Temple Pilots Roll Out the Hits for Return at Rock on the Range Festival

5/19/08, 10:40 am EST

'Good to see you again,' said a casual Scott Weiland on Saturday, as if delivering a greeting to an intimate cocktail party rather than 30,000 people in a soccer stadium. Luckily, the feeling was mutual as the newly reunited Stone Temple Pilots headlined the first night of the Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, Ohio Saturday night, their first full-scale show together in nearly eight years.

Opening with the sleepy Purple single 'Big Empty,' the tone of the show was more subdued than most of the previous bands on the bill, especially Disturbed, who went on just before STP and whipped the crowd into a mosh-happy frenzy. The crowd surfing, at least, made a late night come back at STP followed the opener with harder rocking fare like Core's 'Wicked Garden' and Tiny Music'¦'s 'Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart.'

With a cigarette in his mouth and a dapper three-piece suit hanging off his slight frame, Weiland, joined by bassist Robert DeLeo, guitarist Dean DeLeo and drummer Eric Kretz, led the crowd on a tour of the band's greatest hits, including 'Creep,' 'Plush,' 'Interstate Love Song' and 'Sour Girl,' each providing enough of a sing-along to compensate for the relative lack of edge that most of the crowd seemed to crave and reminded everybody within earshot that this band was built for massive arena-ready singles.

By the time the night was over and the band launched into an encore of 'Dead and Bloated,' Weiland had ditched his jacket, vest, tie, hat and the buttons on his shirt, propelling him into full rock-god mode, a return to form just in time for the 60-some shows yet to come. He was clearly glad to be back, and the crowd was happy to have him.

thanks to funky monkey and malcolm @ htgth

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Dead and Bloated is the encore? I love that song, but its a bold pick. That was not a hit, and is usually only considered one of their best songs by people who think Core is their best record.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Opie and Anthony talked about what happened backstage at STP in NJ. They said Scott locked himself into his bus and had a security guard standing outside it and Robert DeLeo started screaming at Scott "I can't believe he's going to do this in my home fucking town," and then yelled, "Come out Axl!" Scott's road bimbo then walked by and Robert called her a cunt and told her to "get off my fucking tour you bitch," then Scott finally came out looking "decked out" and Robert asked him to kick the bitch off, and Scott said, "I want you off this fucking tour." Robert then said, "Can you do the fucking show?" Then a few minutes later they went on. I wish I made this all up.

http://www.foundrymusic.com/media/displ … /id/18262/

Board footer