You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Thread

Neemo wrote:

yeah i've hear that scotts pretty messed up right now sad

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Neemo wrote:

yeah i've hear that scotts pretty messed up right now sad

Jeez, I hope they last at least 2 more weeks.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, this is beyond clusterfuck. I'm not even gonna bother.

Weiland should have cleaned himself up before doing this reunion.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I had originally put this in the Weiland on Stern thread, but heres what Robin said monday morning after seeing them while on vacation.

---

Robin's Stone Temple Pilots Concert Stories. 06/02/08. 6:25am
Robin said that she went to see the Stone Temple Pilots show at Jones Beach and it took them an hour to get on stage so people were wondering if Scott Weiland was up to something.

Robin said that Scott Weiland was having some trouble putting some words together when he was apologizing to the audience at the Stone Temple Pilots show. Howard said he would love to interview him again and ask him why he was late to start that show. He said that he wonders what he had to do that was so important that he had to start the show late.

Robin said that she heard that Scott was just sitting in his dressing room refusing to come out for an hour. Howard said that it must be great to be a loon like that. He said that he'd never be able to do something like that. He said he must need that attention and he must love to attract attention.

Howard said he'd love to know what he had to do that was so important. Scott the Engineer came in and said that his son was at that concert and they had some kind of texting thing up on the stage where people could text and get their messages shown. One person wrote that ''Robin Quivers was sitting in front of me with some white guy.'' Robin said she had forgotten about that. She said that people were actually texting back and forth and arguing with each other.

www.marksfriggin.com

He did a really funny bit about asking him what the fuck he was doing all day that by 9 oclock at night he was late to his job.  Made some really good points.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, this is beyond clusterfuck. I'm not even gonna bother.

Weiland should have cleaned himself up before doing this reunion.

They put on a hell of a show last night.  We had a blast, Weiland was on, looked healthy, and the band was pretty tight.  Whatever problems there were, they put it all behind them last night and gave us a fucking awesome show.  Weiland even came out through the crowd a couple of times.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Review, Pics Video for the June 24th Show. 

Best concert I've EVER been to, do not listen to the pessimists here, they were AMAZING, and from the boots I've seen, this was the best show of the tour. Scott was smiling and very talkative, hugged both Dean and Robert, went up with Eric on his drum kit a lot. The funk jam they've been playing was extended to around 2-3 minutes with way more guitar work, that was a treat. They went on at 8:55, way before I thought they would. Same set as usual minus Suit so no need to type it out yet, but playing the same set has made them perfect it, so it's working, even though I still yelled out "Play Adhesive." I taped Crackerman, Sex Type Thing, Too Cool Queenie, and part of Dead and Bloated DVD quality and I took a lot of pictures, I'll import this all right after I finish this post. At the end of the show Scott went into the crowd and then walked on the catwalk and I got a high five from him, one of the coolest moments of my life right there lol. Dean came out with his daughter after the show too. Their mothers or grandmothers were on the side of the stage during either Queenie or Crackerman, and there were tons of hot chicks on the sides of the stage too. During their group bow they grabbed a camera from the audience and took pictures of themselves and the crowd. They all seemed really happy. Scott was a little cold first couple of songs, but by Lounge Fly which was 4th or 5th he just turned it on, it was a very inspired performance. Just an amazing show, Plush and Trippin were so inspired, there was an energy during those songs that I've never felt at a concert. This band has a future and is the best live act around today.
Here are the pictures I took, I'm too tired to embed them, so here's links to them

Taken with digital camera zoom in shots, kind of medium quality

zlevf6.jpg

2iha1rl.jpg

50qel1.jpg

2dadqf7.jpg   

2eupls8.jpg     

25gf3hi.jpg   

4djig.jpg   

14dgdj5.jpg   

inagzo.jpg   

1hrul3.jpg   

xm4s3q.jpg   

1z2os9g.jpg   

16bymja.jpg     

Here are some wide shots of the band with my iPhone:

r04d1j.jpg 

262bnz9.jpg

29ygzyb.jpg

r2j41g.jpg

r8s5q8.jpg

2vvjmug.jpg

ix6txd.jpg

2hxol1d.jpg

24ay7h1.jpg

16behxd.jpg

2myrn79.jpg

15i9u2h.jpg

9gzg9h.jpg

f2v760.jpg

28aqe6d.jpg

33th5zb.jpg

hrj5zm.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JPv5r0zmWQ part of Dead and Bloated
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tOfmNSHTWaI -Crackerman

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AbGXGp_CjgA -Too Cool Queenie
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7PZWmSrohmw Sex Type Thing

From StoneTempleBrett

http://www.stmothafukinp.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4177

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

Sounds like it's time to get your tickets James.

I know i'm getting mine.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

They just announced not too long ago a show coming up pretty soon around me on July 8th. While I once dreamed of seeing the reunited STP, Scott's immature behavior towards Axl ("Fat, botox faced, wig wearin' motherfucker"), the members of Velvet Revolver, and most importantly the fans, has left me in no great hurry to check this one out. I've got work that day and can't be bothered to miss any to stroke Weiland's already gargantuan ego right now. Especially after some of the tour reports I've been hearing so far. Hey Scott, Axl Rose can go on late because he's Axl Fucking Rose. You're Scott Weiland. As much as you led yourself to believe you were Axl Rose during your tenure fronting his old band, you're not. Stop being a bitch.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

New album is on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The band has announced plans to head back into the recording studio this November for a sixth album...

http://onmilwaukee.com/seasonal/summerf … html?15822

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Things could get interesting.

Board footer