You are not logged in. Please register or login.

benny
 Rep: 0 

Re: Oh My God Question

benny wrote:

I've seen a few posts about a version of Oh My God that has alternate lyrics to the version that was on the End Of Days soundtrack.  Does it really exist?  I know about the Bumblefoot version, but I wasn't sure if there was another version of the song as well.

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

“There's a remix w/lots of new vocals and a wilder guitar intro but it's not taken all that seriously. ( AXL Chinesedemocracy.com December 14, 2008).

You mention the Bumblefoot version and I think a lot of people think of that as the remix, but if you look at his description it doesn't fit that at all. Brain was asked to work on six remixes for the band one of which one of which clearly was Oh My God. Bizarrely this has been largely forgotten by people.

It doesn't surprise me if it's out there, but it does surprise me it hasn't leaked.

benny
 Rep: 0 

benny wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

“There's a remix w/lots of new vocals and a wilder guitar intro but it's not taken all that seriously. ( AXL Chinesedemocracy.com December 14, 2008).

You mention the Bumblefoot version and I think a lot of people think of that as the remix, but if you look at his description it doesn't fit that at all. Brain was asked to work on six remixes for the band one of which one of which clearly was Oh My God. Bizarrely this has been largely forgotten by people.

It doesn't surprise me if it's out there, but it does surprise me it hasn't leaked.

It surprises me as well that it hasn't leaked since so many other remixes from Brain leaked.  Thanks for the information.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

the BBF version of oh my god did leak I thought
I have it or is that not it

Tmgladden
 Rep: 2 

Tmgladden wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

Bumblefoot version is just him adding guitar. The vocal take is the same an the song length is the same. No new guitar was added to make the intro wilder so it’s a different mix. But I know the bumble mix isn’t well received cause the “disco” guitar in the chorus

Shacklermyrye

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:

That did yes. But if you listen to it it does not match Axl's description at all.

The version that leaked is a a mono version of the song panned to the hard right channel and BBF guitar take panned hard left.

That is not a remix. With the remix Axl mentions new vocals (& a lot of them). There are no new vocals on the BBF leak at all.

Tmgladden

Tmgladden wrote:

I do have an instrumental version on my old iPod that I found floating around years ago that does have some more synth, much like the live version

Shacklermyrye

Tmgladden wrote:

I do have an instrumental version on my old iPod that I found floating around years ago that does have some more synth, much like the live version

I think i remember that it sounded like someone made it with early vocal separation software.

Tmgladden

Tmgladden wrote:
Shacklermyrye wrote:
Tmgladden wrote:

I think i remember that it sounded like someone made it with early vocal separation software.

Track sounded really good, you could faintly here Axls vocals at one part of the e song but you had to really listen

wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

wagszilla wrote:

Axl? Alternate vocal take?

tenor.gif

Board footer