You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mrcaptain666
 Rep: 0 

Re: Better Video

mrcaptain666 wrote:

Do anyone have a video thats was made for better?

Clear

Clear wrote:
Bluefish18
 Rep: 2 

Bluefish18 wrote:

Is it true the video was never released becuase Lars wouldn't sign off on it?  Why, because he was so buckled at the end?  I'd love to see the rest of that part of the video!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No, that was a lie from Fernando. He back pedaled and said he was joking when Lars said not only did he sign off on it, Better was his favorite song on the album. No one knows why it was pulled that I know

Pennywise

Pennywise wrote:

this is the original folder stolen from the design studio that made the video. https://we.tl/t-h0nSkNyEnE

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

All of a sudden I'm remembering an advert (Harley d?) with better but it got replaced for paradise city

Jaxlmorrison2
 Rep: 1 

misterID wrote:

No, that was a lie from Fernando. He back pedaled and said he was joking when Lars said not only did he sign off on it, Better was his favorite song on the album. No one knows why it was pulled that I know

Do we know if it was necessarily a lie? Lars said in an interview “I signed off on ONE of the clips.” Maybe he really did was his drunk part at the end taken out. Not saying that’s why we never saw it, but I bet it was a complication. But it didn’t matter because it wasn’t set for release anyways.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Jaxlmorrison2 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Do we know if it was necessarily a lie? Lars said in an interview “I signed off on ONE of the clips.” Maybe he really did was his drunk part at the end taken out. Not saying that’s why we never saw it, but I bet it was a complication. But it didn’t matter because it wasn’t set for release anyways.

It’s if you want to believe Fernando or not. He said it wasn’t released because Lars wouldn’t sign off on it. Someone asked Lars and he said it was bullshit. Fernando then said he was just joking. Best Buy requests a video be made as part of any deal with an exclusive release, mainly to play in their stores.

I don’t believe Fernando.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

Let's say Lars refused to sign - how hard is it to edit him out of the video??

Therfore I also believe it's bullshit

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Jaxlmorrison2 wrote:
misterID wrote:

It’s if you want to believe Fernando or not. He said it wasn’t released because Lars wouldn’t sign off on it. Someone asked Lars and he said it was bullshit. Fernando then said he was just joking. Best Buy requests a video be made as part of any deal with an exclusive release, mainly to play in their stores.

I don’t believe Fernando.

Obvious bullshit spin on Fernando's behalf. Some Kind of Monster had a theatrical release. If they signed off on that, i doubt there is any other footage of Metallica that exists that they wouldn't sign off on. A retrograde Mercury would disrupt the plans for GN'R. So frustrating to look back in hindsight at all the missed opportunities of a really solid era of the band.

So many delicious treats have found there way to us plebes in the last few years. I really hope the bucket/RTB, post 02' demos see the light of day. There was truly something special about that incarnation of GN'R. I could die happy if that 2010 version of Monsters found it's way to the hardcores.

Board footer