You are not logged in. Please register or login.

philly662
 Rep: 0 

Re: random question re: Better

philly662 wrote:

i saw it referenced in the General / Monsters thread and can't remember. Was there ever a high quality leak of Better 2006? Or was the only time it was heard was in the commercials for the tour then or the Harley ad?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Yes.

Edit: I believe the order of leaks was IRS (not great quality), Better, TWAT, Catcher (not great quality).

philly662

philly662 wrote:

i'll have to look back - i would assume i have it somewhere but i just couldn't remember. again, just curious since it might take me a bit to locate it - how different was it? i would assume not as polished as the final version.

thanks for the info!

MrMojoRa

MrMojoRa wrote:
philly662 wrote:

i saw it referenced in the General / Monsters thread and can't remember. Was there ever a high quality leak of Better 2006? Or was the only time it was heard was in the commercials for the tour then or the Harley ad?

Not high quality that I know of.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Those 06 leaks were good quality. The only difference is Ron was added. I want to say the only place he made it better was his additions to If The World because it was subtle additions in the background.

Better is only slightly different being that one part where Bucket noodles alone. On the album Ron does that weird slow groan effect over it for whatever stupid ass reason

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

There was a short sample of better that leaked into the mainstream boards  around that time.

It was short - like 15 or 30 seconds or something - just a couple of lines of Axl in one of the verses.

I remember it was exciting because it sounded very rocky and Axl sounded good.

Although I like the song, in a way I was disappointed hearing the full version the way it's quite choppy between the chorus and the way it goes into that metal breakdown. Sounds dumb but after the clip I had expected more of a straight ahead cohesive thing.

Anyways, full version leaked by Darknemus  in Feb 06 - and from memory was very similar to the album version but without some of the bumblefoot guitars...so for instance at the conclusion of the metal bridge you just hear the masturbating robots of pitman up in the mix whereas in the stufio take that's there but you hear Ron's guitar slide down over it. But it was esentially the same version fundamentally compared to IRS/TWAT etc. Don't think it was particualrly high quality either. Like listenable but not HD.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
MrMojoRa wrote:
philly662 wrote:

Not high quality that I know of.

High quality in the sense that if you were listening on PC speakers, it sounded like other mp3s. Catcher and IRS definitely weren’t that.

Bullseye

Bullseye wrote:

https://megaup.net/2HyeC/Better_(2006_Demo).mp3 
For anyone wanting to know the answer

Shacklermyrye
 Rep: 14 

Love the version that leaked 22nd of Feb 2006. The heavy 'now i know you better' parts were sung differently to later leaks and the released version.

philly662

philly662 wrote:

thanks for the info everyone!

Board footer