You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Miguelox26
 Rep: 5 

Re: The General:obra artística,una simple cancion o mierda insalvable?

Miguelox26 wrote:

The General:obra artística,una simple cancion o mierda insalvable?

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

I find it curious that there was talk of some connection with Stranged, a mythical theme for Axl and a murderous job by Slash, and Slash whoever ends up recording it and publishing it officially! Axl spoke in the past that if Slash wanted to return he had two or three songs where it could work, would you be referring to the general? "direct sequel" to estranged and slash ends up recording it? Coincidence?....The crazy redhead never ceases to surprise me!

Clear
 Rep: 0 

Clear wrote:

I would expect Hard School to be one of them, but Absurd... Silkworms seems unlikely, but after rework by bbf I can kind of see it, don't know about Perhaps

carlossacanell
 Rep: 1 

Probably the original one with the old guys would be much better.
If i have to rank it is a very very low GNR song in comparison with their catalogue.

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

I prefer buckethead and robin in the Chinese material, so we would have to have listened to all the reunion singles, but what there is is this and I enjoy it to the extent that I don't, for me perhaps it is mutilated, it was from the leaks my little gem and I feel that it has been so shortened that it is even the worst of the new singles, but that is just my opinion.

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

In reference to estranged and the general, it's as if Axl had held back the song for slash to play, maybe because it's so descriptive and personal he wanted a guitar part that blends with his voice and slash gets just that; they merge voice and instrument into one! This is arterock and estranged meant a lot to Axl and the thanks in illusion to slash for his work make me think that in his head the general sounded like slash!, and that's how it has been! Yes, years ago they tell me It would be slash who was going to end up recording the song and I wouldn't believe it! The only reason I can think of is that!...but this is just an observation!

Miguelox26

Miguelox26 wrote:

I love The General, it's like a cacophony, the perverse melody, Axl's cries and his changes in voice, it's like a waltz of death, an incomprehensible scream of a child drowning in his own pain! It sounds elegant and disturbing! ...pure terror! And friends, this is music and these are sensations and the ending of slash merging with Axl is the best thing that the reunion has published sentimentally speaking! It's a thing of Magic! p.s. I'm not fun of slash, buckethead or fink, I like all three in their style, this is not about superheroes....

Board footer