You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: *FALSE* "The Collective's" unofficial statement regarding C.D.

RussTCB wrote:

removed

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

the guy, who posted this crap at CD.com said she just used "penelope fitzgerald" as a pseudonym, so you won`t prove him wrong....

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

It would be very easy to rip this apart and I could write a very long page pointing out error after error after error but I'll make it brief.

I'm just going to focus on two general problems with this idiot's pathetic excuse to try and fool lesser minded members of the community.  The first is just an observation and the second is the real nail in the coffin that not only shows beyond the shadow of a doubt the guy is a fake but also that he is a total idiot.

The general observation is the tone of the letter.  It is obviously written by someone who is a fan of GNR with tons of excitement about CD coming out at some point.  This letter goes on and on about "finally" being released, what a monster hit its gonna be, yadda yadda yadda.  Also he goes on and on about stuff that forum members/fans are only interested in reading.  Things like the original plans, tracklists, touring, etc etc.  Stupid...noone outside of we fans gives a rats ass about this shit.

The nail in the coffin is due to his ignorance toward the Public Domain law and copyrights.  Axl DOES NOT have to go through a lengthy process to get the rights to use bits of Martin Luther King's speech for a simple reason...this speech was NEVER copyrighted.

This speech has been through years of court cases to determine if it was ever copyrighted. The United States court system finally laid down their rulings (I forget what year) that this speech had never been copyrighted, since at that time it was required to post a copyright notice on printed copies to be distributed, and this speech was distributed without such an extra (C) Copyright notice as was then required in the US. The US revised this law in 1989, an no longer requires such notice.

November Rain
 Rep: 4 

You don´t have to be too intelligent to realize this is fake. And it comes from cd.com so... isn´t it proof enough?

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm sure part of it is true, just by dumb luck.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
Neemo wrote:

its the same guy that posted the supposed leak thing...i guess this is the big news we were supposed to get on the 15th

No its different guy to the leak thing actually. I posted bout the  leak to pressurize this guy into action... Hes go a lot of contacts and holds some sway

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i was under the understanding that you posted about the motormouth "leak" here because you saw it over @ cd.com first

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The Collective? C'mon 16

Still voting for the fat kid in Axls car.

Sky Dog wrote:

maybe the fat kid is a part of the "collective"...along with the legendary PURE..:haha:

briggsy
 Rep: 19 

briggsy wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I'm sure part of it is true, just by dumb luck.

agreed.

Also, it is pretty easy to take little known facts that everyone knows about the album and then stretch them into an eleborate story/letter. For example, the fact about the 3 albums and the suggested release dates, throw in some extra 'info' about touring between them and there ya go, you pretty much can't be wrong

Still of course holding out that maybe this info is true and that it was only released due to maybe an official statement to follow soon

Board footer