You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Bon Jovi Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

They had a show open up in DC; but my friends aren't able to get a plan together to go see them this time. Wouldn't go by myself honestly. Their last album, The Circle had a few good songs on there; but the production was missing something.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

A new direction doesn't necessarily mean it's a "good" direction.  I haven't cared about any new Bon Jovi music for the most part since the early 90's, so I doubt this one will grab me.  And ticket prices are too rich for my blood to go see them when they kick off their tour at Mohegan Sun.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

They need to dump Shanks who is more of a Country guy and find a real Rock producer again.

Jon got nominated for a Golden Globe for his song for the Stand Up Guys soundtrack "I'm Not Running" which I love and wish the album was more in this vein.

-D-

-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:

A new direction doesn't necessarily mean it's a "good" direction.  I haven't cared about any new Bon Jovi music for the most part since the early 90's, so I doubt this one will grab me.  And ticket prices are too rich for my blood to go see them when they kick off their tour at Mohegan Sun.

I think their new albums have been really good since early 90's:
These Days: no expanation needed
Crush was very good: Its My Life,Thank You For Loving Me, Mystery Train. Two Story Town, Next 100 years, Save The World, Captain Crash and The Beauty Queen from Mars.

Bounce is actually one of my fave albums: EveryDay, The Distance, All About Loving You, Right Side of Wrong, Had Me From Hello, Open All Night

Have a Nice Day is certainly hit or miss though

Lost Highway I think it awesome.  You wanna make a memory, Whole Lotta Leaving, Seat Next To You,Any Other Day, The Last Night, One Step Closer, I Love This Town

The Circle also has some very good tracks:We Weren't Born To Follow, When We Were Beautiful, Superman Tonight, Brokenpromisedland, Love's The Only Rule is one of my favorite BJ songs of all time, Happy Now

Lomax wrote:
-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:

I think their new albums have been really good since early 90's:
These Days: no expanation needed
Crush was very good: Its My Life,Thank You For Loving Me, Mystery Train. Two Story Town, Next 100 years, Save The World, Captain Crash and The Beauty Queen from Mars.

Bounce is actually one of my fave albums: EveryDay, The Distance, All About Loving You, Right Side of Wrong, Had Me From Hello, Open All Night

Have a Nice Day is certainly hit or miss though

Lost Highway I think it awesome.  You wanna make a memory, Whole Lotta Leaving, Seat Next To You,Any Other Day, The Last Night, One Step Closer, I Love This Town

The Circle also has some very good tracks:We Weren't Born To Follow, When We Were Beautiful, Superman Tonight, Brokenpromisedland, Love's The Only Rule is one of my favorite BJ songs of all time, Happy Now

Happy Now is my favorite rock track of the past 10 years -D- . Bon Jovi still got it man, I've always had your back on that.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Yeah their radio stuff is formulatic to please the label but there usually are a few deep cuts that still show what they got.

Board footer