You are not logged in. Please register or login.

guts
 Rep: 1 

Re: Axl Rose Official Website

guts wrote:
carlossacanell

Is this legit? And the Instagram account?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

It seems to be legit.

Duff and Slash are busy with their projects, so I wonder if he’s gonna launch something himself…?

The words on the homepage there “you gotta learn to live and run, or you’ll die trying” is that from an existing song, or is it new?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I'd bet more on a book or merchandise rather than anything music related. Announces the book on the website, 10 years later it hits book stores. Classic Axl.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

“carved out a legendary status in the rock history”

Yep, definitely official

busngabb

busngabb wrote:
misterID wrote:

“carved out a legendary status in the rock history”

Yep, definitely official

It's poorly written, but it's definitely official. The ownership and reciprocal links on his official social media accounts check out. Perhaps it's something he's done himself? It'd be a cool place to embed leaks of all the Chinese Democracy stuff they aren't ever going to release.

I don't really understand what function is has though. It isn't selling anything, there's nothing to promote and there's almost no information on there.

All very strange and completely in keeping with the weirdness of GNR. It would be amazing if a timer appeared on it in the near future however.

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:

The site has been launched by Live Nation and is operated by them:

https://www.officialaxlrose.com/privacy-policy

And it's been set up by this marketing company:

https://theskylineagency.com/

carlossacanell wrote:

Is this legit? And the Instagram account?

Yeah, he's had the IG account since 2012, but hasn't used it. The website links to a TikTok account, too (I guess that one was created recently, probably by the same company that set up the website).

Blackstar
 Rep: 12 

Blackstar wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

The words on the homepage there “you gotta learn to live and run, or you’ll die trying” is that from an existing song, or is it new?

It looks like that's just a fake quote taken from this scam book related website/app:

https://www.bookey.app/quote-author/axl-rose

The quotes and everything else on that page is obviously AI generated (there are also similar fake quote pages for Slash and Duff on the same website).

It seems that whoever from Live Nation or that Skyline Agency company is responsible for the text content on the Axl website didn't do their research.

guts

guts wrote:

I hope the site is for his autobiography. It would be cool to get his side of the story and their are rumors of a book tour

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It looks like garbage and I think it probably is AI made

Board footer