You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: The next two things to look forward to?

Saikin wrote:

I'm definently looking forward to hearing him, especially on Back in the Saddle. 

I am undecided on whether i am buying the cd though.  I might.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

I am buying the CD.    Not a huge Bach fan, but with Axl being on it, I want to see it be successful..

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

I am buying the CD.    Not a huge Bach fan, but with Axl being on it, I want to see it be successful..

That's exactly what Bach is counting on.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

That's exactly what Bach is counting on.

ANYBODY who got to have Axl Rose on their album would definitely use that as a promotional tool. Hell, they would be crazy not to. He hasn't had an officially released song since 1999.

What sucks about this is if Axl is doing what he did with End of Days and is using this album to sort of "test the waters". If he is, every GNR fan needs to buy it the second its released.

The fate of Chinese Democracy may hang in the balance.:butt:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

thats why i dont think that this is a good idea for axl's resurrected career....he's putting the future success of GnR on the shoulders of Baz.... 18 God help us all

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

thats why i dont think that this is a good idea for axl's resurrected career....he's putting the future success of GnR on the shoulders of Baz.... 18 God help us all

Exactly.  The possiblities of this ending up bad far outweigh the possibilities of this inspiring Axl to release CD.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Exactly.  The possiblities of this ending up bad far outweigh the possibilities of this inspiring Axl to release CD.

I just don't understand what bad could come of this? If at least the songs Axl is on are good, then how could that be bad?

Oh, I don't know.  Maybe people say they suck and CD is put on hold for another 4 year period of perfecting the vocals?  Maybe it never comes out?  Maybe he feels the need to write new music.  The bad possibilities are endless.  The only good one is it inspires him with the confidence to release CD.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I just don't understand what bad could come of this? If at least the songs Axl is on are good, then how could that be bad?

Oh, I don't know.  Maybe people say they suck and CD is put on hold for another 4 year period of perfecting the vocals?  Maybe it never comes out?  Maybe he feels the need to write new music.  The bad possibilities are endless.  The only good one is it inspires him with the confidence to release CD.

Yes but at this stage that one good outweighs the bad anyway. We don't have CD now and have no idea how close or far away we are from getting it, long time fans are giving up on CD on an almost weekly basis. If Axl gets panned in reviews and it knocks his confidence he delays the release of an album that some (including you) questioned would ever come out anyway. How do we lose there? We were never getting the album anyway so what's the problem? Or there's just the slight possibility reviewers may say Axl sounds as good as ever and has been away for far too long, perhaps it's time he released his album if he sounds like this (something one review has said already). That might just be the spark that really makes Axl believe he can do it (assuming that's the reason for the holdup of course). I'd say that one 'good' however slim the chance of happening makes it worth it.

All Axl's gotta do is sound like Axl, judging from the leaks he can still do that, and he's more than done justice to every cover I've ever heard him sing. This is the bit Axls good at, whilst his productivty might not be the greatest, singing and making great rock music is what Axl does best and why I assume most of us are still here. I have faith these songs (Axls at least) will be pretty good because whilst he may have his faults, when Axl puts his voice to a song, 9 times out of 10 it's a damn good one.

Board footer