You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Early Recording Process of CD? (With spoilers from Slash's Book)

Neemo wrote:

nothing that we havent really known already of course, but it kind of confirms some rumors

Slash says that when he started working on the next guns record he went down to the recording studio with all kinds of stuff set up, keyboards, protools rigs, and all kinds of guitars and other instruments

slash said the one engineer said to him...."we have every guitar you can imagine which one would you like to play?" Slash replied "My Own" 16

As i guessed, Paul Huge and Slash were at complete opposite ends of the universe...he had absolutely nothign nice to say about Paul at all, but a curious quote by Axl that Slash brings up when Slash finally talked to him about Huge was "You don't have to be freinds to make a record"

anyway Slash said all decisions at that point were made by Doug and Axl via fax at this point, and Axl barely came to the studio...when he did he just watched..things were recorded via protools for axl to work on later....and the shear amount of equipment and space that was rented was staggering...and very expensive

one curious thing brought up was the contract Axl proposed to Duff and Slash over name ownership....he wanted Slash and Duff to sign over the name to him...but Axl was allowing them to remain on as part of the band if they wanted to..then after that when Slash and Duff hired their own lawyers to fight it Axl sent a Fax claiming that he was leaving the Band and taking the Guns N Roses name with him....

i dunno i realize that this is Slash version's but it really brought a sour taste to my mouth as it is confirming (From slash perspective of course) a lot of the worst aspects of Axl in this whole mess

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I am intrigued by this comment:

slash said the one engineer said to him...."we have every guitar you can imagine which one would you like to play?" Slash replied "My Own"

That pretty much confirms that they were renting equipment, as put forth in the recent Classic Rock magazine.  I have no idea why they would even bother renting if the guys have their own instruments and equipment.  That's very puzzling.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Yeah Paul Huge certainly doesn't come off looking too good in Slash's book. As a person and musician Slash is pretty scathing of him.

I doubt any of those jams have ended up being the foundation of anything that will be on CD, I guess an odd riff maybe but as new musicians came to replace the old I think any work from the old guys would have got scrapped or reworked and diluted to the point where it's nothing like what Slash or Duff worked on 10+ years ago.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

The point that Axlites have been making for years about the break-up is that Slash and Duff walked out on the band, they just quit, and therefore the blame is on them. And Axl is right to replace them. I used to agree somewhat but if Axl "left" the band and took the name with him, then invited Slash and Duff to be essentially hired hands... wasn't Axl the one to walk out on the band?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

slash said he quit due to musical differences with axl back when axl was into the techno phase.  Now he says in one interview about chinese demoracy that they had something going toward the end and it will be interesting to see where axl brought it. he's lied in the past about things too so don't take everything he says to heart. and even of this perspective is true it leaves important parts out i think. i think things gradually got like this because of the musical directions axl wanted to go. it's no secret slash wanted to keep it simple and axl didn't. when slash didn't wanna change axl started bringing in other musicians and influences and that's when they started to quit. can't blame them for quitting but you can't blame axl either. it's not like he forced them out. if anything he avoided doing that. it was time, that's all.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Backslash wrote:

That pretty much confirms that they were renting equipment, as put forth in the recent Classic Rock magazine.  I have no idea why they would even bother renting if the guys have their own instruments and equipment.  That's very puzzling.

oh yeah..Axl and Doug Goldstein had rented everything imaginable...i even think Slash said that the whole building was rented to them and Axl had one studio just for himself and his entourage...with couches and beds and everything in there for rent

A Private Eye wrote:

Yeah Paul Huge certainly doesn't come off looking too good in Slash's book. As a person and musician Slash is pretty scathing of him.

yeah and it made clear one of my asumptions that ive had for a while Slash wanted Gilby back and Axl flat out refused it and demanded that Tobias be in the band Zakk was brought in as guitarist #3 and slash totally disagreed with the 3 guitar band back then, so that is obviously something that Axl has been dead set on for a long time

A Private Eye wrote:

I doubt any of those jams have ended up being the foundation of anything that will be on CD, I guess an odd riff maybe but as new musicians came to replace the old I think any work from the old guys would have got scrapped or reworked and diluted to the point where it's nothing like what Slash or Duff worked on 10+ years ago.

more than likely, its funny though cuz in the Zutaut article Tom claims that Axl was all about not have negative energy around..but slash made clear in his book that the negative energy was unbearable...i guess at one point the band was conveining at Slash's home studio (minus Axl of course) and Slash's wife could feel the tension...And slash even mentions the negative energy to Axl as a reason to get rid of Tobias. anyway back to the work that Duff/Slash/Axl may have worked on...Slash mentioned something like 2 peices that Axl cared for that he saved to work on later...but there was a point where Slash claims that he stopped doing anythign until Axl arrived at the studio...which was virtually never

Communist China wrote:

The point that Axlites have been making for years about the break-up is that Slash and Duff walked out on the band, they just quit, and therefore the blame is on them. And Axl is right to replace them. I used to agree somewhat but if Axl "left" the band and took the name with him, then invited Slash and Duff to be essentially hired hands... wasn't Axl the one to walk out on the band?

Its been made clear that at one point that Axl left the partnership at one time but ultimately i was ruled that Axl was legally within his bounds and thus didnt technically leave ...i dunno Madagas or sic. can prolly elaborate better cuz i really dont understand the legal crap

Another thing that is interesting at this time was that Slash was literally forced to stop touring Snakepit by Geffen after 5oclock went platinum...they cut funding to the tour and ordered him back to LA to get in the studio with GnR..he was really enjoying himself on the Snakepit tour and he resented the fact that he had to come home to sit around waiting for Axl to show up...also another theory by me that Slash confirmed was that any lyrics on 5O'Clockwhich he wrote are about Axl...he got his anger out immediately where Axl dwelled on it til at least 02...maybe to this day i dunno

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

slash said he quit due to musical differences with axl back when axl was into the techno phase.  Now he says in one interview about chinese demoracy that they had something going toward the end and it will be interesting to see where axl brought it. he's lied in the past about things too so don't take everything he says to heart. and even of this perspective is true it leaves important parts out i think. i think things gradually got like this because of the musical directions axl wanted to go. it's no secret salsh wanted to keep it simple and axl didn't. when slash didn't wanna change axl started bringing in other musicians and influences and that's when they started to quit. can't blame them for quitting but you can't blam axl either. it's not like he forced them out. if anything he avoided doing that. it was time, that's all.

did youi read the book? Slash makes it clear that the musical diferences thing is bullshit he goes into alot of depth about "musical differences"

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

This is a book made for Slash to profit from. I'm not gonna take it as the gospel. Besides, if he got this "fax" that stated Axl was gonna leave and take the GNR name with him, where is it? Wouldn't you keep a fax like that if it was gonna change your entire life, your career, threaten your livelihood, threaten your family in effect, make everything you worked for obsolete? So, where is this fax? I'd like to see it. If it ever existed, we would have seen it by now if for no other reason then to discredit Axl.

Otherwise, I could really give two shits about why they broke up. It's clear Slash wants to make a career out of playing the same blues-rock riffs over and over again, and it's clear Axl wants to make bloated rock. The two don't work together. Case closed.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This is a book made for Slash to profit from. I'm not gonna take it as the gospel. Besides, if he got this "fax" that stated Axl was gonna leave and take the GNR name with him, where is it? Wouldn't you keep a fax like that if it was gonna change your entire life, your career, threaten your livelihood, threaten your family in effect, make everything you worked for obsolete? So, where is this fax? I'd like to see it. If it ever existed, we would have seen it by now if for no other reason then to discredit Axl.

like i said this Fax has already been a source of evidence, but the courts ruled that Axl was in his legal rights with said fax....its a know event to have happened 19

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

like i said this Fax has already been a source of evidence, but the courts ruled that Axl was in his legal rights with said fax....its a know event to have happened 19

How come we haven't seen it?

Board footer