You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Claim About The Finished Album Sucking (Ross Halflin)

AtariLegend wrote:

March 2

A half-empty flight to Los Angeles. I read the Sunday papers all about our brave warrior, Prince Harry, what a PR coup and what crap. Sleep most of the way, wake up over Idaho and Hot Springs Peak - Columbia Plateau.

As it's a new month here's a bit of what I've been reading and watching and listening to...

Jake Arnott - He Kills Coppers. Going to read this, this week. I have all his books and have only read The Long Firm, which I loved.

Steppenwolf - Herman Hesse. Another book I've had for ever, always start then never finish.

Music

The Mars Volta
    Eels - Blinking Lights
    Sly Stone - It's a Family Affair
    Megadeth - Train Of Consequences
    The Who - Magic Bus Denver 1970 Long version
    Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy. I got a finished version - couldn't get past the first two songs.
    Led Zeppelin - Good Times Bad Times
    AC/DC - Shot Down In Flames
    Tesla - Hand Me Down World

Enjoyed the film Warlords. The female lead was beautiful in a plain way. Nanking - The Documentary. Something to cheer up any evening. I gave it to Kazuyo and told her to see what her Grandad got up to in Manchuria. 'Good,' she said 'The Chinese deserve it.'

Re-watched The Vertical Ray Of The Sun. A beautiful film, the colour, light, everything.

One of the sad things in LA is the closure of Tower and Virgin on Sunset. I went to the Vigin Megastore in Hollywood which was terrible, a poor selection of films with everything jammed together. Los Angeles is not what it used to be...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

and who is ross halfin again? a photographer? hmm

I'm thinking its the leaks hes talking about thiough....most of the music that hes listed on there is pretty old

AtariLegend wrote:

The idea that any respectable industry lurk would get an advance copy of one of the most anticapted/expensive albums in history and not listen to half of it is unlikely.

"Chinese Democracy" is likely the opening track, if the album was finished. I think he's wrong.

He's the same as Mick Wall.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I can't imagine someone close to the band getting the finished album unless he believes it's the greatest thing since sliced bread (a la Baz).  I don't buy it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I agree with Neemo, he's got the leaks.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I can't imagine someone close to the band getting the finished album unless he believes it's the greatest thing since sliced bread (a la Baz).  I don't buy it.

Couldn't agree more.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

even if he listened to the leaks he should have gotten past the second song. this is untrue or he is the most unqulaified person in the world to judge music. i gotta go out on  a limb and say that the leaks are better than the rest of the music on that list. gunslinger and atari legend also bring up good reasons for why this is bullshit.

PaSnow wrote:

I agree with Neemo, he's got the leaks.

Yep, Agreed!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

even if he listened to the leaks he should have gotten past the second song. this is untrue or he is the most unqulaified person in the world to judge music. i gotta go out on  a limb and say that the leaks are better than the rest of the music on that list. gunslinger and atari legend also bring up good reasons for why this is bullshit.

You're wrong.  The songs we've heard aren't all that good.  BH saves TWAT much like Slash saved NR and Estranged, and Better is an ok song.  Other than that, the songs are overrated and overbloated pieces of crap.  If it's the demos he's heard, I think he called it exactly right depending on which 2 songs he heard.  If it's a final copy and the songs are as overproduced as the demos are, he's right there as well.  The only chance these songs have of mainstream success is a stripped down version that's less than 5 minutes long.  Even then, by the time the album is released, the majority of the fan base will consider them old songs.

Anyone that thinks that CD is going to change the music world better hope it's never released or they will find the results even more disappointing than the wait.

Board footer