You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Re: SCOTT WEILAND Out Of Rehab - Mar. 3, 2008

Acekicken wrote:

SCOTT WEILAND Out Of Rehab - Mar. 3, 2008 

According to TMZ.com, VELVET REVOLVER/STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Scott Weiland has just finished a stint in rehab.

Weiland's attorney told TMZ.com that Weiland has completed 28 days in a treatment facility and is "doing well."

Weiland was arrested on November 21, 2007 when he crashed his car while driving on an L.A. highway.

He was charged with driving under the influence of drugs with a prior conviction, and with an allegation that he refused a chemical test as required by law.

His next court date is Wednesday, March 5.

According to MTV.com, Weiland has been arrested multiple times over the past decade for a variety of drug offenses in California and New York, and has spent time in jail on several occasions. He was arrested in 2003 in Hollywood after a traffic accident and charged with driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol, though those charges were eventually dismissed after he successfully completed a drug rehab program and submitted to drug tests.

Although he was supposed to perform with VELVET REVOLVER on January 20 at a party in Park City, Utah during the Sundance Film Festival, Weiland was a no-show for the gig. The vocalist's flight to Utah was diverted because of bad weather. The band carried on with the show, inviting audience members and singer Donovan Leitch to pitch in.

Weiland will reunite with his STONE TEMPLE PILOTS bandmates for the first time at the Rock on the Range festival, to be held May 17-18 at Columbus, Ohio's Columbus Crew Stadium. 
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=92087

28 days?

That's way too short - especially for someone with a record like his.

But I seriously hope that he'll be able stay out of trouble this time. I wish him the best and nothing but the best.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

dont they determine that the 1st month is the hardest when kicking an addiction?

anyway...conveniently its just in time for the Euro tour

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Good for him. Maybe now they can reschedule those Aussie tour dates...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah exactly...after 2 cancellations we deserve a tour!!

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

I would have liked to have been in a rehab safe from everyone I know during last weeks Eclipse. One month after the eclipse the ricochet moment.

Board footer