You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Bach Interviewed on SmartAss Radio

Maybe he landed another reality show.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

that's kind of what i was thinking - that he got a tv gig of some kind.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Maybe he landed another reality show.

Good possibility of that one.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Ever since the "I'm opening for a big band" turned out to be Poison, I care not one thing for anything this guy has to say.

I hear what you're saying, but Poison arguably is more relevant and has been more successful than GNR during GNR's silent era.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Poison? I do recall Axl and Bach poking fun at Brett on that Eddie Trunk interview.

Poison more successful and relevant too GNR? How many Headlining gigs did Poison do for big festivals since GNR has been touring. I don't think they are even if GNR is silent. Poison's Grestest Hits didn't stay on the charts for four years. Bret may be a reality star but his band is not on GNR's level even if GNR is silent and not touring.

Pride&Glory wrote:

Poison? I do recall Axl and Bach poking fun at Brett on that Eddie Trunk interview.

Poison more successful and relevant too GNR? How many Headlining gigs did Poison do for big festivals since GNR has been touring. I don't think they are even if GNR is silent. Poison's Grestest Hits didn't stay on the charts for four years. Bret may be a reality star but his band is not on GNR's level even if GNR is silent and not touring.

I can see what Bigbri is saying.   He was saying during GNR's silent period Poison's been more successful and I agree, they have put out a few albums and they regularly tour.   Also you have not only Bret being a reality star but you also have CC being one and that's what brought them back together.   

I have tremendous respect for Poison they came on the scene in 1986 and was a very powerful hair band and they had alot of hits.   Sure they aren't GNR but I can't knock em.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Well they would have had to been more successful if GNR was "silent". Im not knocking them cause they are one of two hair bands too actually survive and been able to live off their music. The other being Bon Jovi so respect is due but too call them more relevant I can't agree with. Even with no albums and a few tours GNR is still more relevant than Poison because of the the quality of music made by Guns.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

GNR doesn't even really exist does it? I mean, we haven't heard shit from them in 2 years? How could they be more relevant? Poison at least releases stuff, no matter if you like it or not. I happen to not like it. They tour every summer and do well at it. They'll be on the yearend list for moneymakers. And yeah, Bret Michaels has a reality show and is in living rooms all over the country every week.

Hell, last summer the Journey tour sold out like almost every one of its show. Could you believe Journey might be more relevant than GNR? Their songs are still played all over the place and their greatest hits CD is diamond, if your basing your argument on GNR greatest hits.

I've finally faced the facts that many already have and many more will: GNR is just about dead. There is vastly more negative press about GNR than positive. Most GNR articles are filled with shots at the band, jokes at Axl's expense, misinformation, rumor and heresay.

Sorry, GNR

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

Well they would have had to been more successful if GNR was "silent". Im not knocking them cause they are one of two hair bands too actually survive and been able to live off their music. The other being Bon Jovi so respect is due but too call them more relevant I can't agree with. Even with no albums and a few tours GNR is still more relevant than Poison because of the the quality of music made by Guns.

Highlighted the key word.  The GnR we all knew and most of us loved no longer exists.  The "current" (if you can call it that) lineup hasn't accomplished a thing and no lineup has accomplished anything since 1994.

Scarlett
 Rep: 2 

Scarlett wrote:

I tend to agree with BigBri. Most of the time when Axl is in the media it is for negative things, and even then, those reports are becoming rare these days. Heck, Slash's band is doing much better than Axl's these days, and it's because as BigBri and others have said- they've remained in the spot light, produced more music, and keep touring.

They've been saying CD is going to be released for how many years now? Folks tend to move on to other music and bands, after being dicked with several times, know what I'm saying? The longer it takes to get this CD out, the more chances of it being unsuccessful.

Board footer