You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Blind Melon

So, as you may know, Blind Melon is out on tour with new lead singer Travis Warren. I'm still waiting for a high quality boot from a show, although I am currently downloading a low-quality one that maybe could be touched up later. Anyways, in Chicago last night, NICO HOON got up on stage and sang Change with the band. She's 12 or 13 I think... but either way it looks like a very special moment that, if Shannon is watching, he's very proud of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3MpKBpoA1Y

There are 11 tracks of the new BM that are mixed but not mastered, ordered, and probably not finished, floating around. If anyone's interested they should say that they are interested. I also have a bunch of old Shannon demos and rarities

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

cool, awesome video. Anyone got a recent picture of Nico? Does she look anything like her dad?

The new tracks that I've hear are pretty cool. Havent had the time to download em all yet.

Communist China

No, I've never seen a picture of her except from when she was a baby. She looks very young in that vid but it's hard to tell if she's got any of Shannon's apperance. Her voice was pretty good, I wonder if she ever would want to be in a band.

I'd like to see her do Jena Kraus' part in Mouthful of Cavities, but maybe she'd be uncomfortable with Travis singing her dad's part.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Might have to grab some of these later smile Thanks for posting, been listening to a lot of BM lately. It'll be different without SH sad

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:
downliner wrote:

It'll be different without SH sad

your right about that. Wow....wondered when these guys would re-surface...it's been to long. cool they are keeping  the daughter under their wing...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I have the unified threory disk but it wasnt that great...i suppose i should give the new guy a chance...i will someday

I am big into the s/t disk right now...proly have it going once or twice a week

Communist China

The new BM is not really comparable to Unified Theory. In fact, it's not too much like Soup-era BM either. It's just simple rock tunes with two guitars, bass and drums. The demos could actually use some more stuff going on.

Neemo, please give them a chance, at least hear how well he does the older tunes.

nugdafied wrote:

God that's weird/cool to see Nico Hoon growing up. Her father sang like an angel & I remember the exact moment I learned of his passing. He was one of a kind.

Communist China

I got another show audio boot (Urbana) if anyone wants it pm me. Really shows how well Travis does the old stuff, and also how the new stuff sounds a lot better live.

Board footer