You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

Re: Blind Melon

jorge76 wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

Haha right. The bands too? He was in the last great American heavy metal band. There's a ton of great new metal bands but none of the come close to reaching the bar Pantera set. Maybe you don't appreciate heavy metal music but to say it sucks because you do not understand it is foolish. If you liked and understood metal than I don't think you would be so quick to say that even if you didn't like them. You can't put down talent and not give up respect to where it's due. Phil Anselmo can write really good deep lyrics and knows how to put together a good song. One of the best metal vocalists of all time. Has pipes singers in other areas of music don't have.

You're absolutely right, but I thought he sounded like shit on that VH1 thing with Alice In Chains.  Nothing against him, I just thought it was an off night for him.

On topic for the thread, Blind Melon March 20th, can't fucking wait.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Here you go...

newalbumcoverbmcm9.jpg

Some people on the BM forum are upset that there may (will) not be a physical release of the single. Who puts out physical singles anymore? Who buys them?

Any news is good news. This is album is coming.

Communist China

A post from Rogers Stevens on blindmelonforum.com  (which is a poorly organized site, but whatever, it posts any and all news)

hello Friends,

The album's totally done. Damn...that took a long time. Anyway, just listened to all the mastering and it sounds great. Here's the tracklist sequence:

1. for my friends
2. right set of eyes
3. wishing well
4. sometimes
5. tumblin down
6. down on the pharmacy
7. make a difference
8. harmful belly
9. last laugh
10. hypnotized
11. father time
12. so high
13. cheetum street (featuring a duet with Travis' mom, the fabulous Tennessee Tuckness...what a voice!)

We're all lathered up and ready for the race, so go ahead and smack us on the ass and take a ride. In early April we'll prolly have the album for sale with us on the road, so git yer wallet hand warmed up. Or borrow a copy from your friend and burn it. You know how it goes.....

Your support here is very much appreciated. Have I told you that lately? And you look fantastic in that dress....I mean it, Matt.

luv
rogers

Earlier lists had Right Set of Eyes not on the tracklist, and I'm very glad to see it on there. One of my favorite new tracks. The only sad thing is that 12 of these songs me and other BM fans have had in high-quality demo form for many months now. Father Time is the exception. Cheetum Street had better be fantastic, because that demo with just Travis and the BM guys is very good.

We'll see how mastering changes these songs. The mastered 'Wishing Well' isn't much different, just a shade clearer. I'm hoping to see a few more drastic changes in a couple songs.

Communist China

Wonder if there's a connection here...

cover.jpg

The first is a picture from Nico I believe, the second the new album cover. Possibly meant to be Travis as a kid back when BM were getting big?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

CC since you are a big BM fan I thought you would like to know this. The song 'Throwin' it all Away" By Zakk Wylde on his Book of Shadows solo album is about Shannon Hoon. He and Zakk were good friends.

Communist China

Yeah, I know that song. I don't know much of anything else from him, but I dig that tune. Very glad he did it, as a lot of people disrespect Shannon as a pop or college-rock type of singer. Always nice to see him get recognition from the harder edge of rock. Thanks for reminding me of it. I should listen to it again.

Yesterday me and a friend watched 'Letters From a Porcupine'. He had never seen it, so it was pretty deep. To see how great of a frontman and spirit Shannon was, back in the 91-92 time, to what a wreck he was at his end, is almost hard to watch.

I would kill to be able to experience the band live in 92. Considering what music was at that time, to see a band like Blind Melon in a small-ish theatre, to see Shannon on stage... would've been magical.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

CC since you are a big BM fan I thought you would like to know this. The song 'Throwin' it all Away" By Zakk Wylde on his Book of Shadows solo album is about Shannon Hoon. He and Zakk were good friends.

Wow, I'm a huge Blind Melon fan and a huge Zakk fan and I had never heard that.  Thanks for the info.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Yesterday me and a friend watched 'Letters From a Porcupine'. He had never seen it, so it was pretty deep. To see how great of a frontman and spirit Shannon was, back in the 91-92 time, to what a wreck he was at his end, is almost hard to watch.

Shit, I havent watched that DVD for years - I definately have it somewhere too. It'll be buried in a box in one of my cupboards. You're right about him being a wreck at the end, it was a shame to watch. The Woodstock performance was upsetting. He was fucked off his face (rolling on the floor, throwing equipment into the crowd etc) but performed Soup better that I'd ever heard it previously.

Pull the trigger and make you all go away sad

Communist China

Pre-order "For My Friends"! They claim to only have 500 of these package pre-order deals available. For $25.00 (American) you get a 'For My Friends' T-shirt, a Blind Melon sticker, the physical album, and an email with a link to the downloadable version of the album on the day of release.

I did this, and I think it's a pretty good deal. Shipping pushed the rpice up to $33 for me, but still, considering this isn't a huge release this is an easy way to avoid searching for the album in stores upon release.

http://ymamusicgroup.com/BM/splash.html

The single 'Wishing Well' will be out for digital download March 4th.

Board footer