You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Blind Melon

Neemo wrote:

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

Love this band haven't heard the new stuff yet, but I think the other guys earned the right to move on with the band

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I read it - it's just a bunch of interview transcripts from people, so it lacks a narrative really. Still, if you're interested in Shannon it's a lot of material. There's some mentions of other groups that were around at the time as well, which is sort of cool. Some cool photos in there too. I don't know, I liked it more than Slash's book, but it wasn't great.

finished the book...i really enjoyed it...shannon was a messed up dude...still it is a sad tale, he never could shake it, he just never reached that rock bottom point to get motivated to quit, and the constant touring prolly didnt help, i always thought that he died of heroin overdose but the book sort of claims that it was cocaine

and there were some overlaps or something in the chronology of the book it seems, it would've been nice if Prato would've given dates along side the quotes...anyway in the 'Shannon 94-95' chapter the appearance is given that Shannon's drug usage was waydown if not completely stopped between the recording of "Soup" to the time that the Soup Tour started...makes it seem even more sad. he had it under control (or at least toned down) wihtout really any help from rehab, it protrays that he got clean on his own, but then was bullied into touring when maybe he wasnt quite ready hmm

the highlights of the book were when they talked about the meanings of the different songs...certainly gives a haunting aspect to some of the songs now...Carseat (God Presents) i had a feeling that it was a creepy topic to begin with...but now its just chilling ... same with St Andrew's Fall

Board footer