You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: DR. PEPPER ISSUES CHALLENGE TO AXL ROSE!

No. Screw them.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I just watched the video and it reminded me of something.... should we all chip in and buy our Canadian members a DP if all goes well?? 16

What about European members sad

Also this is marketting, this persuaded me to go buy my first can of Dr Pepper in months, only because I forgot about the drinks existance. If it raises awareness about the brand and product then it's advertising.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Axl S you do realize there's a huge legal difference though, right? I could've started a topic in here a month ago, saying 'Axl Rose + Frebreze: Getting that Top Hat smell out of the Chicken Coop' and it may have raised awareness about Frebreze, but neither Frebreze nor Axl could sue me.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

No I understand, that they can't sue, but this press release does raise awareness about both the GN'R brand and the Dr Pepper brand.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

Havn't posted for ages as there has been nothing really happening, but its good to see that there the silence has been broken from Axl even if it is about a soft drink Lol.

We are all excited that this thing may eventually hit the shelves and I guess one day it might, but is it just me but does a stunt like this just turn 'GNR' into another corporate whore like Britney, Madonna, or as Bill Hicks would say any other 'sucker of satan's cock'?

OK, I know they claim to not know anything about the promotion (sure.....) and its good (yet odd) that a big brand would actually mention and endorse them, but I think its a shame that in a years time we'll probably see Axl on the telly saying 'Buy Dr Pepper, drinking this stuff is soooo good I forgot to make a record for 15 years'.

Still I guess it would stop people crying about Slash doing Guitar Hero etc so much so maybe its a good thing!

Anyhow, I guess it doesnt matter, because they have only said that they'd do it if it comes out this year.

Cynicism aside, it finally looks like the ball is rolling and the album may actually be released. However if theres a Dr Pepper voucher in there, I'll be downloading mine thanks.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Locomotive98 wrote:

Cynicism aside, it finally looks like the ball is rolling and the album may actually be released. However if theres a Dr Pepper voucher in there, I'll be downloading mine thanks.

if you download the album, regardless of the reason, you are a theiving lowlife scumbag.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

if you download the album, regardless of the reason, you are a theiving lowlife scumbag.

Maybe he meant he's gonna download it on Itunes.:thumbup:

Cmon JB. People download music all the time. I'm sure you've downloaded albums at some point. I know you've downloaded a few demos.:haha:

However, I do agree that artists that you(we) are hardcore supporters of deserve an actual purchase of their products. I always buy M.I.A. albums/merchandise, and while I am a huge BH fan, the only reason I do not have all of his albums is because I don't really want to download all of that material for free.

While I have bitched quite a bit about this fiasco and once even said I would not buy CD if BH was removed from it, I know that I'll buy it. Will I download it a millisecond after it leaks? You bet your ass I will. Will I go to Best Buy and purchase the actual album the day of release? Yes.

Gretchen Wieners wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

Maybe he meant he's gonna download it on Itunes.:thumbup:

Cmon JB. People download music all the time. I'm sure you've downloaded albums at some point. I know you've downloaded a few demos.:haha:

However, I do agree that artists that you(we) are hardcore supporters of deserve an actual purchase of their products. I always buy M.I.A. albums/merchandise, and while I am a huge BH fan, the only reason I do not have all of his albums is because I don't really want to download all of that material for free.

While I have bitched quite a bit about this fiasco and once even said I would not buy CD if BH was removed from it, I know that I'll buy it. Will I download it a millisecond after it leaks? You bet your ass I will. Will I go to Best Buy and purchase the actual album the day of release? Yes.

i stopped downloading music after I saw the impact downloading copyrighted content has on my own wallet.    when this shit affects you personally, you tend to take it personally.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

Lol. Thanks. Good to see you back. 14

I would actually download it off of Itunes if it was any good, and I'd certainly buy a hard copy if it doesnt have a Dr Pepper voucher inside becuase it dont agree with the corporate bullshit that entails (although I understand thats how it is these days sadly sad). But like with 90% of the public these days I'll download it somewhere else first to see if it is worth my hard earned cash. 5 years ago I'd have just listened to someone elses copy first, same principle isnt it? Also because I'll get to hear it 3 weeks before it hits the shops. I cant imagine you reading the boards for 3 weeks and the discussions the album will generate without itching to hear it? You'll be on the torrents the second it leaks just like everyone else. Or will you still be at home listening to Silkworms live waiting for the release date?

There are many bands whose work I'll buy on the day it comes out because I am a hardcore fan of them and want to see them prosper. I dont see any harm in downloading an album to see if its worth actually buying, so far in the last few years I and a lot of people here I reckon have saved money this way to spend on bands they really like who deserve the support and albums that are actually worth the money. Downloading is also a good way to introduce yourself to new music and more often than not will lead me to buy music by an artist that I'd not usually consider e.g M.I.A. I have found many a gem this way and as a result bands have had money from me that they wouldnt have otherwise got. Sure, there are a few turds that'll get a spin and are promptly deleted but thats how it is.

Do you copy music from friends? Or allow them to do the same? Have you ever done this? If so you too are a 'thieving lowlife scumbag'.

Board footer