You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: DR. PEPPER ISSUES CHALLENGE TO AXL ROSE!

Neemo wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I think we should wait to hear an original with Ron before we assume he can't be an equal replacement for Bucket.  Besides, on a fan level, how many fans did Bucket ever meet with, chat with or even give tickets to a show?  Ron has done all of that.

totally agree...karma 22

but how many nunchuk skillz does BBF have? and Ron doesnt give away toys during his solo spot 16

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I don't see why people are so obsessed with buckethead.  Don't get me wrong, he's an amazing guitar player, but he certainly doesn't have the emotion in his play that Slash and Robin bring.  I think we should wait to hear an original with Ron before we assume he can't be an equal replacement for Bucket.  Besides, on a fan level, how many fans did Bucket ever meet with, chat with or even give tickets to a show?  Ron has done all of that.

You know, you just show you're ignorant of Buckethead's work to say he shows no emotion. He's driven me to tears, and I know I'm not alone on that on this board. Slash never did that. If he doesn't show emotion in GNR, blame Axl, not Bucket. Axl calls the shots.

And, do you konw how many fans Bucket met with on tour? On his solo tours, he meets fans after the show all the time.

And if giving away tickets and chatting with people (and giving away nothing of substance) is all it takes to be in GNR, I can do that.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Bri, I didn't mean it as an insult towards bucket.  But the prevailing opinion is that he is an amazingly technical guitar player, but lacks the "rock n' roll" edge of the greats.  Prime example being Hendrix.  Hendrix fucked up technically all the time, but the emotion and soul he brought was like no one else.  I like bucket and own some of his CDs.  I love his work on CD.  I just don't think his playing style can't be equaled by Ron.  To each their own.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Don't quite know what to make of the situation to be honest hmm

I guarantee I would buy 10x as much Dr Pepper if it had a kickass picture of axl on the can 14

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I get ya, Randall. By the way, Bucket does a mean Jimi.

[youtube]xdnDHoXwMQA&feature=related[/youtube]

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Backslash wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

I thought total BULLSHIT from the first time this was posted with the exception of this one part:
"It took a little patience to perfect Dr Pepper's special mix of 23 ingredients, which our fans have come to know and love," said Jaxie Alt, director of marketing for Dr Pepper. "So we completely understand and empathize with Axl's quest for perfection -- for something more than the average album. We know once it's released, people will refer to it as "Dr Pepper for the ears" because it will be such a refreshing blend of rich, bold sounds -- an instant classic....this part was good advertising ad I could see it being legit. BUT...the fact that April 1 is only a few days away STILL worries me, this wouldn't be the first Chinese-Democracy-April-Fool's joke.  IF this WAS a joke to start out with it has gotten too big now and fiction could actually become reality.

The real question now is, if the album comes out in 2008 and Dr Pepper claims it was a joke, how many people will sue for misrepresentation through advertising?

Good point BS.  That's kind of what I was getting at, I think this whole thing is most likely an intended  April Fool's joke...but who expected a very much shut-mouthed-about-CD Axl Rose to reply?  Noone probably....including Dr. Pepper.   My guess is Axl got kind of pissed and replied to scare Dr Pepper a little.  Hell, it may even be the muse to trigger the release this year afterall...who knows?  Axl is alot more intelligent than he is given credit for and he has a quick temper, this would be a clever counter move on his part.

But as Neemo always says...

We could just be reading to much into it! 16

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I can't believe what I am about to write here, but here it goes.  I'll put on my positive hat which is very dusty by the way.  I think this may be a promotion between the record company and Dr.Pepper and also I wanna take this opportunity to thank Axl Rose and congratulate him for issuing an official statement on this on his website.  Excellent move.  Him implying that CD will be out this year by saying he will share his Dr. Pepper with Buckethead is great news as well.  Will it prove itself to be a lie?  Not important at this moment.  We should all just see the positive in this and enjoy that Axl has broken the silence.

Wow me defending Axl.  I actually can't remember when was the last time I did that.  Anyways I'll go buy a dirt devil to take off all that dust on my positive hat.  And I recommend that you all put your positive hats on for a change.  What's the worst that can happen anyways?  Not like we've never been down that road before.  Enjoy the good news.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Holy shit, that's exactly what I've been wanting from everyone for the past few years. Everyone was all "Those leaks be fake", but i was sitting here accepting them, and thinking they could actually be legit demos. Remember "Checkmate"? I still believe that's an actual clip of a demo. Everyone needs to stop being all "Well, April fools is a few days away, so its obviously BS" Well guess what. IF it was an aprils fool joke, it would of showed up ON April fools. not a week before it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If GNR fuck up this huge opportunity that could turn into a free major marketing blitz, they might as well just disband.

Whether intentional or not, it happened and they better not let it pass by. Things like this don't happen every day.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Look for the official statement from Dr Pepper about the advertising promotion tommorrow on their website, I suppose. Since this information was leaked prematurely by Kaneda, presumably.

Board footer