You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

Re: Axl/GN'R have new management

elmir wrote:
sic. wrote:

Since I've heard no fan or fellow musician ever to badmouth Bucket ( aside Axl ),

Tommy did at one time...

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

This news I have to say is the most positive thing we have heard in a long time!!!

Logically if CD was going to be a long time away - say a year plus, why would you appoint and therefore have to pay a new management team in the meantime.

But, if CD is actually close to seeing the light of day then it seems to make sense to get some proper management in place with some expertise to assist with getting this puppy released etc etc!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I am almost willing to concede that they may be making plans to release the album, but I'm nowhere near ready to say it's coming out in '08.  Having management is the thing that makes me feel better about the situation...no album was ever coming out without a management team in place.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

These new guys seem like action people to me, their cv's are a testament to that....and its not like they don't know who they're dealing with here....Axl has a solid "reputation" in the industry....if they end up losing credibility over his actions and moods, they will drop him like a sack of potatoes in an instant...

Merck needed that job...these guys don't....

which is a positive sign that we may just start seeing some progress after all these years...

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

the fact that gnr announced a new management team so fast after the dr. pepper thing makes me believe that it was all planned along but it got out too soon. i think the first news we were supposed to get is the new management one and after that we should have witnessed their first move; the dr. pepper thingy.

anyway, it's great news but we're still were we were a couple days ago minus some buzz created. yes, i'm negative still tongue

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Neemo wrote:

what was that big news thing that BH was gonna announce in "the coming weeks" i never did catch what it was gonna be hmm

That was the announcement of a release uncovered from 1988 that was the first real recorded performance of Bucket as Buckethead. It's called From the Coop. I hear it's pretty damn amazing. Haven't got it yet, but I won it on a contest over at TK, so I have it on the way.

As for Bucket's later in the year projects, he's supposed to tour with Bootsy and Brain in the band Science Faxtion. If that falls through, let the rumors begin.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

its weird that dr pepper gets more press than an actual management team...though i suppoes noone cares about inter workings of gnr other than the hardcores

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
von wrote:

As an aside, Trent Reznor has announced a tour with the "reformed" NIN, but hasn't come foreward with any details other than that. It's not the last touring lineup. Is Robin back in NIN?

Scott Weiland just ditched VR for his old band STP. VR is seemingly done with.

I'm just saying...

The dirty R word (no, not Republicans)? 16

Board footer