You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Re: Axl/GN'R have new management

From HTGTH (/)

I am very pleased to announce that Guns N' Roses and I are now represented by the management team of Irving Azoff and Andy Gould. We are very excited and look forward to working with them and hope our relationship proves beneficial for everyone, especially the fans.

Axl Rose

03/27/08

Things are looking good. Two updates within 20 hours. Amazing.

Now this is good news.    The label wanted GNR to get management and now they have it, maybe things are looking up  big_smile

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Aces.

Irving Azoff's the man. When Merck exited Sanctuary, he was expected to join forces with Azoff and form a new company, taking clients like Axl and Morrissey with him. This is the sort of representation Axl needs.

Instead of Merck, Azoff seems to have picked Andy Gould, Rob Zombie's long-time manager.

James, I can hear you laughing your ass off.

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

maybe things are looking up  big_smile

Things are better than ever now. I am officially excited. 9

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

oh wow...see this is progress more like it

I just hope all these updates aren't hurting Axl....giving him carpal tunnel or something 16

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

This is a step in the right direction... Holy smokes, maybe this is for real!

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Wow, Axl talking, promotion "challenges" from huge companies making headlines, and a management team for GN'R. Looks as good as '06, sans leaks.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Looks like we might finally be nearing the home stretch. Nothing was ever gonna happen without management. As long as this is a management team with balls and they are not sycophants, we can probably put our 2008 hats back on and not feel like fools.

We are likely still a ways off from an actual release, but this is a pretty big step.

Backslash

Backslash wrote:
Gretchen Wieners wrote:

We are likely still a ways off from an actual release, but this is a pretty big step.

I'd say.

Two sensible, reasonable, reliable updates from Axl in two days!  One says Buckethead is on the album and implies the album will come out in 2008, and a second about new management.  What next?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Backslash wrote:

What next?

A leak at this point(sometime in the next two weeks) would create a huge buzz, and not just at the forums. Now that GNR/CD is getting some national exposure again, a song polished and ready for release leaking would get people talking. Doesn't have to be like prior leaks where you get several songs.

Just officially leak one song and see how it all plays out. Also allow radio stations to play it and let people use it on their myspace profiles and upload it to youtube.

Its time to properly promote this band.

Backslash

Backslash wrote:
Backslash wrote:
Gretchen Wieners wrote:

I'd say.

Two sensible, reasonable, reliable updates from Axl in two days!  One says Buckethead is on the album and implies the album will come out in 2008, and a second about new management.  What next?

Just thought of something to play devil's advocate... these two messages could be related, but not the way I originally thought.  It's possible that GNR was in kahoots with Dr Pepper and had this idea for promotion and decided to announce the new management and get the ball rolling, but it's also possible that the reverse is true.  Maybe no management company was looking to work with GNR as there was no market for the band, until this Dr Pepper story hit the bandwagon and everyone climbed aboard.  Then suddenly these two guys get the dollar signs in their eyes, call Axl, and say they want to represent him.

Board footer