You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Re: On the search for a new frontman:

Acekicken wrote:

21 On the search for a new frontman:

"There's some people, but it's really premature to start naming names. We actually worked with a guy, I won't mention his name, before we left to go to the UK and there just wasn't enough to break him in, so we're gonna work with him again some more, and maybe some other guys as well."

On Weiland's recommendation that the band hire former SKID ROW vocalist Sebastian Bach:

"I thought [Weiland] could be a little bit more imaginative. I'm not sure if that was meant to be a pot shot or what. Whatever, it's not worth any real drama."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=94175

Well it's a no Brainier,I would say Bach is the Best for the Job.... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uWHQ79A6BA

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I don't personally agree with the "Bach is the best for the job" part, but to each their own I guess. (I mentioned Shooter in the other thread and a lot of people would hate that)

I am really intrigued by the "We actually worked with a guy, I won't mention his name, before we left to go to the UK and there just wasn't enough to break him in" part though.

That suggests that they all knew this was coming, it just got announced differently than planned, or something.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I really think Bach would be a huge step backwards... it's like replacing Sammy Hagar with Gary Cherone.

These guys did everything they could to separate themselves from the 80s hair metal image from the beginning... I can't see them getting someone like that now... they need a rock singer.  Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes would be perfect.

Acekicken

Acekicken wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I really think Bach would be a huge step backwards... it's like replacing Sammy Hagar with Gary Cherone.

These guys did everything they could to separate themselves from the 80s hair metal image from the beginning... I can't see them getting someone like that now... they need a rock singer.  Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes would be perfect.

So you would rather they sound like the 70's???

Comparing Bach to  Cherone is a crime lol But Chris is a good singer, but self admitted to 70's retro

Acekicken

Acekicken wrote:

Well here is a thought Baz was on the radio a few weeks back.
He was asked when his next CD is coming out & he said sooner then anyone thinks He also said he got a phone call that could change his life...... This was all around the time VR where getting ready to tour. I think Baz would give NEW life to VR......

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Acekicken

Acekicken wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Acekicken wrote:

Well here is a thought Baz was on the radio a few weeks back.
He was asked when his next CD is coming out & he said sooner then anyone thinks He also said he got a phone call that could change his life...... This was all around the time VR where getting ready to tour. I think Baz would give NEW life to VR......

It could. But then he'll have ALOT to live up to. The Cherone comment reminded me that unless they come out and sell a TON of records with Bach then everyone will act like he's the reason why not (which I agree would be bullshit).

I agree that very well could happen... But I think with Baz in the band & the right publicityit could work. I know they recorded 5 songs together back before Scott joined the band  & Baz said someday we will here them,now is a pretty good time.....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the rest of the article from blabbermouth

RollingStone.com spoke exclusively with VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash today regarding the band's decision to split with frontman Scott Weiland.

On Weiland's departure:

"Everybody's just very relieved. This is something that's been coming down for a while. I know everybody is tying the STP [STONE TEMPLE PILOTS reunion tour] thing to it, but it started way before that. We just had a lot of commitments to fulfill, so we just had to drag this thing out until the obligations were finished. Basically, we're just excited about finding someone else and moving on."

interesting that they've already worked with someone...doesnt really mean its baz but that comment from early march is definately interesting i brought it up yesterday in a different thread....personally i hope its not baz...but like buzzsaw said it may actually be a bridge back to axl...i mean how crazy would that be? Baz on CD, Axl on angel down then baz in a band with duff, slash and matt

this person they worked with before going to the UK would have to have been around LA no? isnt that where they all live when not on the road? whats bazz been up to the past few months? also would be interesting to see what the new singer does with the old VR songs

Acekicken

Acekicken wrote:

Something else that just clicked in my head,How many times has Slash  21 said we are working on a  new CD (VR) & Baz saying we will here his next CD sooner then we think Damn it could just be a coincidence?

Board footer