You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: On the search for a new frontman:

Neemo wrote:

thanks to lizardking @ velvetrevolverforum.com

Not sure if this is true but just heard on my local radio station that Brett Hestla the singer for Dark New day is the forerunner to be the new VR vocalist.

Could be just a rumour and not sure where they got their info as I haven`t seen anything else on the net to confirm.

Here`s a link to a Dark New day vid on youtube:

Anybody else hear this?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

thanks to HEKSEN @ velvetrevolverforum.com

From RollingStone

Rock List: Reader's Picks for the Next Velvet Revolver Singer
4/7/08, 4:39 pm EST

Last week, we asked our readers to pretend they were Careerbuilder.com and help fill the Velvet Revolver lead vocalist job. Many sent in resumes, some candidates got second interviews, but the readers ultimately chose to save former Audioslave/Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell from solo album purgatory and employ him as the next band mate to Slash, Duff and the rest of VR. But the pick of Cornell wasn't unanimous; here are the singers you want to see fill Scott Weiland's shoes in Velvet Revolver.

1. Chris Cornell
2. Josh Todd from Buckcherry
3. Sebastian Bach
4. Eric Dover from Slash's Snakepit
5. Izzy Stradlin
6. Gavin Rossdale
7. Mike Patton
8. Lukas Rossi from Rock Star: Supernova
9. Scott Stapp
10. Sammy Hagar
11. Billy Idol
12. Danzig
13. Kid Rock
14. Perry Farrell
15. Ozzy Osbourne

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i … er-singer/

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:

1. Chris Cornell
2. Josh Todd from Buckcherry
3. Sebastian Bach
4. Eric Dover from Slash's Snakepit
5. Izzy Stradlin
6. Gavin Rossdale
7. Mike Patton
8. Lukas Rossi from Rock Star: Supernova
9. Scott Stapp
10. Sammy Hagar
11. Billy Idol
12. Danzig
13. Kid Rock
14. Perry Farrell
15. Ozzy Osbourne

This is a really good list,It backs up what a friend & I where just talking about.
Most fans do not want VR to choose some new be Scab Weliand wanna be.
They want to see an established singer who can really keep the whole SG vibe "Alive" Personally as I have said I never got into the music with Scott,but I would never have denied he brought his "Star" with him & that's what they need. Anyone else will be ripped to shreds
by fans & critics alike....

Personally I don't see Josh Todd  leaving Buck Cheery & while Chris
Cornell  is a really good singer after the whole Audio slave who knows if he would do it.

Both Sebastian & Eric are really good choice I loved the first Snake Pit CD
But as a die hard Sebastian Bach I feel he will bring more than enough "Star Power" & undeniable talent to the table... VR are as far as I know under contract for one more CD This will be the make it or break it for the band,regardless of the out come Slash  will more than likely  remain in the spotlight. 21

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
Duff wrote:

"I'm currently finishing up the UK/Euro leg on the VELVET REVOLVER tour and we have played some of the most inspired gigs of my lifetime in the last couple of weeks. Been writing a ton of music too and generally have just been wholly re-inspired music-wise."

He added, "LOADED looks to record a follow-up to 'Dark Days' here in late April or so and we are totally looking forward to just hanging with each other again."

Duff wrote:

VR news: I just left Matt's where we laid down 12 new jams'¦.KILLER! Kick ass people!

Interesting.

Duff and Matt have written some new VR material already, while Loaded will keep Duff busy throughout the summer. They have someone they've tested as Scott's replacement in between the US and UK tour legs (February 7th - March 7th). I'd wager VR will reactivate in the fall at the earliest, to break in a new vocalist and record an album.

Wonder if Slash will begin work on his solo album as well?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i would say that slash more than likely worked with matt & duff (and prolly dave too) on that mateial and yes i think Slash will start on his solo album...hes not one to wait around

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i would say that slash more than likely worked with matt & duff (and prolly dave too) on that mateial

Slash is a reliable workhorse if there ever was one, but in this case, Duff n' Matt have more likely been laying down the rhythm lines for the tracks. Slash and Dave probably have some tapes of their own, but they may have not begun crafting songs out of them yet. It does sound like they intend to have a backlog of working material available when they get together again.

Neemo wrote:

yes i think Slash will start on his solo album...hes not one to wait around

Knowing Slash, it can happen very fast and not postpone the recording of the next VR album. I'm akin to believe both Slash and Duff agreed they'd do their own thing for a while, to get it out of their systems and start afresh with a vocalist later in the year.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:
Neemo wrote:

thanks to lizardking @ velvetrevolverforum.com

Not sure if this is true but just heard on my local radio station that Brett Hestla the singer for Dark New day is the forerunner to be the new VR vocalist.

Could be just a rumour and not sure where they got their info as I haven`t seen anything else on the net to confirm.

Here`s a link to a Dark New day vid on youtube:

Anybody else hear this?

Great replace Scott with a singer influenced by Scott. Classic...

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Seven wrote:

Well, seeing how they only kicked him out/he only left because of lack of interest and commitment (and not out of discontent with his abilities and performance), it kinda makes sense, doesn't it?

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:
TheMole wrote:
Seven wrote:

Well, seeing how they only kicked him out/he only left because of lack of interest and commitment (and not out of discontent with his abilities and performance), it kinda makes sense, doesn't it?

yeah your right it works for Journey. At least the way he chose to exit got them more press than their Label could dredge up...that to me should be a big concern for these guys....but they may be to the Izzy point in their life, just not to concerned with it all anymore.. Why should they be they made their mark...

Board footer