You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: On the search for a new frontman:

monkeychow wrote:
von wrote:

People really not to stop this whole "Baz is dated" bullshit. He kicks ass. He's a phenomenal singer. He's a far superior vocalist to Scott and most of the other singers the band had in mind. Skid Row was never a hair metal band, and if being unashamed to be a rocker and be true to who he is throughout all these fads is considered dated or lame, fuck the haters. At least he's not flat ironing his hair over his eye. I think a frontman with attitude and pipes like Baz is just what VR needs to BE taken seriously. No more gimmicks. Get a straight ahead rocker in there. The fanbase already embraces this guy. Old school bands like Buckcherry are blowing up right now. I think a Baz fronted VR, treated as a serious project and not as a gimmick, and given PROPER promotion could be just what VR needs.

Totally agree.

I think the Baz is dated is just one of those internet catch phrases. If we want to be like that - Slash is dated - his whole sound is 70s rock on steroids. But slash is awesome at what he does, and so is baz. VR need to stop trying to be what they arn't. They arent a STP grunge band with no solos. An old school Slash and Baz album would be old and new at the same time, and could be huge!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I guess what i'm trying to say is.

Everyone is afraid of them being 'stuck in the past' but the past is what was good. GNR was a good band. That type of music would be good again.

VR should sound like an aerosmith band...as that's its heretage....not lke the foo fighters post modern stuff...which is all so bland.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Absolutely. We need to bring the balls back to rock and realize it's not a bad thing. For everyone who enjoyed the grunge movement, I mean, congratulations, I'm glad it was good for you. For those of us happy we finally have bands like Buckcherry and Avenged Sevenfold and are waiting for old guns (snicker) like VR to pick up the ball and run with it ... it's a classic sound. It'll never be dated. It may not be marketable right now like hip hop or emo, but grunge itself was a trend. Get a real rock band up onstage to play old school, Aerosmith-style blues based rock n' roll, that's not gonna go out of style. Baz never went out of style, he just fell out of favor. Sure, he gets silly sometimes, but that's why some of us fans like him. MTV might tell you being someone like Baz isn't cool right now, but when I hear songs like "Sorry" crossing over to pop radio stations, a classic power ballad, I beg to differ.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:

Sources close to the band have indicated that former Skid Row frontman - and close personal friend of Axl Rose - Sebastian Bach looks set to front the band, although nothing has been officially confirmed."

http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/04/its_off … ut_of.html

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Dammit, all this talk about Linda Perry has gotten me excited about something that will never happen...

I love everything about her as an artist; the gusto, the power in her voice, her ability to get the slight rasp in there (love that in a female voice), her range, her involvement, her depth, her sincerity...

Check out these links:
Acoustic songs recorded for "twee meter sessies" ("two meter sessions") in Holland:
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBcZp_NJ … re=related
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0onRUfM … re=related

Versatility, as shown in this 4NB song:
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH1wEgzf … re=related

Some more Led Zep (kinda crappy quality, but hey...):
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVmFF6_e … re=related

Oh, and she used to wear a top hat, back in the day wink

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Acekicken wrote:

Sources close to the band have indicated that former Skid Row frontman - and close personal friend of Axl Rose - Sebastian Bach looks set to front the band, although nothing has been officially confirmed."

Give it up dude. He is not going to front VR.

"Slash has also publically dismissed Scott Weiland's suggestions that former Skid Row vocalist Sebastian Bach should be hired 'I thought [Weiland] could be a little bit more imaginative. I'm not sure if that was meant to be a pot shot or what. Whatever, it's not worth any real drama.'

I don't know who they will pick, but I'm sure that it'll be fine in the end.

But when thinking about it - it would be kinda cool if they did a final album with different singers and possibly some instrumental songs.

Of course, that's just me dreaming, but I would really enjoy that.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:
Acekicken wrote:

Give it up dude. He is not going to front VR.

"Slash has also publically dismissed Scott Weiland's suggestions that former Skid Row vocalist Sebastian Bach should be hired 'I thought [Weiland] could be a little bit more imaginative. I'm not sure if that was meant to be a pot shot or what. Whatever, it's not worth any real drama.'

No he did not lol,What he said was he thought Scot would be more imaginative.
And that can be looked at in 2 ways.

1 Ok Slash is  saying he is not the singer... & Scott is just being sour.

2. Scott knows fully well Sebastian is his replacement & drops the bomb to the media.

Either way I have just posted what magazines & other source have said.
Unlike some folks I have not  throw a Name in a hat & said this should be the singer
I could cut out the middle men & find out for sure but this is more fun.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

lets keep the speculation in one thread not 3....thanks 22

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I doubt Baz would be the singer. There's just too many things going against it for it to happen.

- he just released his new solo album with his own band and is gonna be touring in support of it
- he is too close with Axl to go front a band with his former bandmates
- Baz was dismissed the first time, so I doubt VR would pick him only after it didn't work out with Scott

It would have been interesting though. And Baz more than has the pipes for VR to play out more Guns songs live.

I just hope they get someone good. The last thing VR need is an uninteresting no-name.
I already thought they were kinda getting a bit dull on Libertad.

Board footer