You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

Scabbie wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

So... This is what have been said:

Mysteron wrote:

Wrt Finck, there has been no official announcement that he has left GN'R, so why the negativity?. Noone close to GN'R seems to know anything, so I do not see any reason to worry at this point in time. Other members are currently doing their own thing, so I do not see any reason why Finck should be regarded differently.

If that was the case why didn't they just officially say that straight away.

I seriously wander sometimes whether they get a kick out of playing with the fans.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I also think there's absolutely no point for this band to tour without an album.

There wasn't any point to the last couple tours either.  Well, they were done to make money, but that's it.

Along with many other people, I enjoyed the tours. I think that was part of the point too.

It got the band back out there and premiered some new songs to the masses.  2007 brought the Axl and the gang to places they hadn't been since 1992, but a tour in 2008 would (should) end in disaster if there isn't an album.  They won't be getting my money, at least.  I haven't seen them live, but I don't support a band that's trying to sell us the idea of an album that's no more closer to us than it was 10 years ago.  They can blame the label all they want, but frankly, it's time for them to do what the label wants in order to get this out there.  No need to fuck around again and plan a tour with another new band, necessitating additions to the continued work in progress that is Chinese Democracy.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i enjoyed the show myself and would go see thenm again album or not. i knew there was no album when i bought the ticket. if you haven't seen them live you are missing out.

i do agree that this album drama is past ridiculous. if anyone involved wants more than the other is offering of anything and that is why this is taking forever, i say bight the bullet and release cd. then record the second and/or third album that you supposedly have all this material for and do so in normal fashion and then make your demands for those. they may already have a deal for three album as rumored so i could be stupid for saying so and assuming that they haven't thought of it. i'm sure they have but c'mon this isn't this difficult for any other band.  if they do have a three album deal or are trying to change it, stop being so frugal and restructure it so the first album can come out and make your money of the next two.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Axl may has well scrap NuGnR and release CD as a solo disk...then it wont matter whos on the album the musicians will be collaborators instead of bnad members....

then after the solo disk is out we can have a reunion and then if all goes well maybe an album

(this posts is shades of my very first post ever on a GnR message board)

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

4 guys up to something? is that robin on the left side?

3167mvd.jpg

www.nin.com
thanks to funky monkey @ htgth

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

I believe that's Robin on the far left, with Alan Moulder and Atticus Ross, Trent's long-time producer and engineer, respectively. Trent's obviously the one facing them.

Four guys up to something - recording Robin's guitar parts. He's not there plainly for rehearsals, he's already contributing to the next NIN release.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

are you sure sic?

that is insane if robin is meeting with the engineer and producer and trent

could these pics be old? is robin on Ghosts?

Sky Dog wrote:

ummm.....he could have been recording for the past year...or two years or whatever....seriously, think about it.:thumbup:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, that pic definitely needs carbon dating.:haha:

Madagas, when did he have time in 06-07 to record with NIN?

Wouldn't Trent have posted some puzzle on his site if that were the case?

I'm not a hardcore NIN fan, but is it possible that Reznor asked Finck if he wanted a permanent spot in NIN, and Finck accepted?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

ummm.....he could have been recording for the past year...or two years or whatever....seriously, think about it.:thumbup:

wouldnt a quick check in the liner notes tell us? does anyone have the new NIN album?

Board footer