You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: What IF Robin Finck has left GNR. Will you still follow GNR?

gnfnraxl wrote:

Since the latest developments we've seen.  IF and that is a big IF Robin has indeed left GNR.  Will you still follow GNR?  Or will you just follow the band that RF is in and abandon GNR?  I'm asking cause I know Jim Bob amongst others are big fans of RF.  So would you go see NIN just cause RF is playing for them?  Will you stop following GNR?

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

To answer to my topic.  Me I just don't care.  I realise that If Robin has left it will be a fatal blow to Axl's band.  And by the way I do think Robin has left Axl's band.  But I'm just not a big enough band to follow him.  I won't see a NIN concert just cause Robin is there.  Simply put I'm not a big enough band to pay big $ to see NIN.  And if Robin had joined a band I like say like Pearl Jam.  Well he wouldn't be the main reason I go see PJ.  I ain't dissing him or knocking him down.  But to me he was just a hired gun nothing more or nothing less.  Although when I saw Axl and company in 2006 Robin played pretty good that night.  And I'll always say that on that night he played Sweet Child O' mine so good that Slash could only dream about playing it as good as Robin on that night.  Robin is a very talented guitarist that I give him.  But I ain't gonna go see a band just cause he's there.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yes...if the muppets were backups to Axl in GnR i would still be checking online to see when i could expect CD to be released...i've never been an NIN fan...and robin going back to play with trent doesnt change anything

no disrespect to finck of course

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Robin who?

Does that answer your question? Seriously.. I could give a fuck all. Just release the record then I will wait before I put the crown of thorns on Robin's head like many have seemed too already.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

yes...if the muppets were backups to Axl in GnR i would still be checking online to see when i could expect CD to be released...i've never been an NIN fan...and robin going back to play with trent doesnt change anything

Oh the last thing I want is disrespect Finck.  He's a great guitarist but I don't care enough for him to follow him in a band just cause he's there.  Especially not in NIN anyways.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
Neemo wrote:

That could very well be my dream show.  Animal rocks on drums!  Dr. Teeth and Janice backing up Axl on vocals would be sweet.  And I'm sure Floyd could handle both bass and a role as "musical director."  As long as Axl adds to KOHD and LALD with a bad ass cover of "Can You Picture That?" 9

Seriously though.  Hell yeah I'll keep following GNR.  I'm open to the new members, but it's the original band that got my interest in the first place, and after hearing VR I know that it's Axl's voice that makes it for me personally.  So as long as that guy is singing, I'll be listening.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

Robin who?

Does that answer your question? Seriously.. I could give a fuck all. Just release the record then I will wait before I put the crown of thorns on Robin's head like many have seemed too already.

That's another thing.  Seeing him live is one thing.  But who knows.  Maybe he wrote some of the biggest turds ever for GNR.  We don't know cause we haven't heard the material yet.  And the songs we've already heard.  I know he wrote Better.  Better is a good song but to say it is one of my favorite songs of all time would be really over exagerating.

Robin is my favorite member of the band.   I'll support him wherever he is, and yes I hope to see NIN this year but as of right now the closest they come to me is SLC which is 400 miles away.  And its not like a whole lot is going on right now in GnR land, so I see this NIN stuff as positive right now.    Robin playing in NIN is way better than Robin not doing anything this year.   

I have no reason to believe he left GnR until we've heard otherwise.   If he left, my interest would drop a little bit, but I would still support the band, give his replacement a fair shake, go see them, visit the boards, etc.    There is only one scenario that would cause me to lose complete interest in GnR, but that is for another discussion.

Pride&Glory wrote:

Robin who?

aw come on.  can't you at least give him some respect for his decade long tenure with the band and countless performances with GnR from Vegas in 2000 up till Japan in 2007??  If you've seen GnR during those years, you'd know he's got a presence on stage that is about equal with Axl Rose.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

Robin who?

aw come on.  can't you at least give him some respect for his decade long tenure with the band and countless performances with GnR from Vegas in 2000 up till Japan in 2007??  If you've seen GnR during those years, you'd know he's got a presence on stage that is about equal with Axl Rose.

Ok. A bit harsh. But there is a lot of blind Robin love around the gnr land and I had to level it out. And yes I saw them in 2002 but I didn't get the same or close to presence that Axl has. I don't think any performer I have seen live comes close to him.

Board footer