You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Rumor - Izzy replacing Robin

A Croatian (?) newspaper says Izzy is going to replace Robin. Enough of a story for metalsludge to pick it up.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.ph … &Itemid=42

Go ahead. Start bashing and debunking it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well i just dont know if Izzy is committed to doing a regular tour...from several sources he is said to be the type of guy to wanna come and go as he pleases..cant do that on a tour

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

that would be awesome!

his writing abilities are what would be nice for the future releases.

however, this only has steam at the moment because of how cool it would be, robin is with nin, and that axl and izzy toured together in '06.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Has anyone bothered to translate the article? tongue

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I'm not sure about this... if Izzy was to replace anyone, it would be Fortus.  Instead of two leads and a rhythm, they're gonna tour with a lead and two rhythms?  I'm not sure how that would work.  It would be cool to have Izzy do lead on a bunch of songs, but I really can't see Izzy committing himself to a full tour with the band.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah its not going to happen IMHO...like izzy doesn't really play much lead guitar usually does he? And while he's patched up his relationship with GNR, i really cant see him wanting to be a perminant fixture in the current band.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Izzy on rythm, Fortus steps up to do lead, BH or BF for the riff madness
It would be weird though, Izzy and Fortus look very alike..

Like Monkeychow I can't see Izzy do it, he's not arsed with Lead Singer Syndrome anymore, he's run a mile from it time and time again.

Again I would be fascinated to hear Izzy's take on the whole GNR/VR issue now that Axl & him have made friends again and he's still friends with Slash, Duff and Matt.

Izzy's account would probably be the only one worth considering as the nearest to gospel.

If that happens, I'll eat James's elephant turd for him.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Not likely but it would be perfect if it were true.

Sky Dog wrote:

In all honesty, Fortus is a better lead player than Robin....Fortus/Bumble could EASILY replicate Robin's parts (both rhythm and lead) in a live setting. Izzy would only be needed for rhythm-which is crucial to the AFD material. 3

Board footer